Best source for rankings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best source for rankings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best source for rankings?

Postby RJ24VC15 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Have there been any tests to determine what source of rankings has produced the best results over the years? I know for baseball there has benn but don't know about football.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Best source for rankings?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:11 pm

The cafe ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:05 am

you have the best luck doing it yourself, really. creating a spreadsheet and populating it with data from last year and applying your scoring system will help you out immensely. but a lot also depends on what type of league you're playing. if it's a dynasty, the rankings get skewed in favor of age. so it depends. i'd check out the rankings at footballguys.com. fftoday.com. here. and do some of your own research. it's all feel. there is no one, definitive, end all be all list. it's pretty much a guessing game. but with a little preparation, your guesses can be better than your competitor's. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:00 am

moonhead wrote:you have the best luck doing it yourself, really. creating a spreadsheet and populating it with data from last year and applying your scoring system will help you out immensely. but a lot also depends on what type of league you're playing. if it's a dynasty, the rankings get skewed in favor of age. so it depends. i'd check out the rankings at footballguys.com. fftoday.com. here. and do some of your own research. it's all feel. there is no one, definitive, end all be all list. it's pretty much a guessing game. but with a little preparation, your guesses can be better than your competitor's. ;-D

Exactly, take the free information and put it all together for yourself. Adjust the rankings based on information obtained from this site and you should do very well. I'm not going to give away my secret formula, but I take past stats, projections and rankings from a number of sites...throw in my own formula and create my own cheat sheet. You have to figure there is no list that is going to take your complete philosophy into account when drafting so it is best to make your own. Plus, some other owners could be using the same list source as you, with that you will always be a step behind.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 am

dream_017 wrote:
moonhead wrote:you have the best luck doing it yourself, really. creating a spreadsheet and populating it with data from last year and applying your scoring system will help you out immensely. but a lot also depends on what type of league you're playing. if it's a dynasty, the rankings get skewed in favor of age. so it depends. i'd check out the rankings at footballguys.com. fftoday.com. here. and do some of your own research. it's all feel. there is no one, definitive, end all be all list. it's pretty much a guessing game. but with a little preparation, your guesses can be better than your competitor's. ;-D

Exactly, take the free information and put it all together for yourself. Adjust the rankings based on information obtained from this site and you should do very well. I'm not going to give away my secret formula, but I take past stats, projections and rankings from a number of sites...throw in my own formula and create my own cheat sheet. You have to figure there is no list that is going to take your complete philosophy into account when drafting so it is best to make your own. Plus, some other owners could be using the same list source as you, with that you will always be a step behind.

This couldn't be closer to what i do... I use as many sourced I can but I compile my own. research and do it on your own... the way to go
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Football Talk