Dynast League Questions-drafting&waivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Dynast League Questions-drafting&waivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynast League Questions-drafting&waivers

Postby Sully64 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:25 pm

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum:

I've emailed these questions to y commish, but would like to know how most dynasty leagues are run.

This is my first year in a dynasty league and this league has just drafted for it's first season.
I drafted last.

My questions:
How are waiver priority usually set up?
1) I drafted last yet I'm currently last in waiver priority. Shouldn't I be first?

2) Also, I'm scheduled to draft last every season. Is this common?
I thought maybe the draft schedule would be based on win-loss records and adjust the draft schedule at the end of the season, but I've got guys trying to trade me there first round picks
already.

Thanks.
Sully64
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynast League Questions-drafting&waivers

Postby Sully64 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Also, We drafted 20 players. 10 starters 10 bench. At the the end of the season we have to drop 5 players.
Sully64
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:17 am

The most common practice for future rookie drafts in a dynasty league, the draft order is determined by previous season final standings, similar to the NFL. As far as WW is concerned, there are many options for this.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Sully64 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:28 am

dream_017 wrote:The most common practice for future rookie drafts in a dynasty league, the draft order is determined by previous season final standings, similar to the NFL. As far as WW is concerned, there are many options for this.

Thanks. The commish just contacted me and said the future drafts will be set as you suggested, but it can't be set up until the end of the season. He is still trying to figure out how to setup the WW.
Thanks again for responding.
Sully64
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:43 am

Sully64 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:The most common practice for future rookie drafts in a dynasty league, the draft order is determined by previous season final standings, similar to the NFL. As far as WW is concerned, there are many options for this.

Thanks. The commish just contacted me and said the future drafts will be set as you suggested, but it can't be set up until the end of the season. He is still trying to figure out how to setup the WW.
Thanks again for responding.

I agree with dream about the order for future rookie drafts. He's also correct about the WW having many options, but in all my leagues the initial WW order is the reverse order of the initial draft (like you mentioned). So you drafted last and should have the #1 WW priority to start the season. Then I'm not 100% sure what the WW priority should be for year 2. I'm not sure if it just carries over or is reset to the opposite of the finals standings (hence the opposite of the year 2 draft order). Last year was the 1st year I did dynasty leagues and this issue hasn't been brought up yet for year 2. Thanks for bringing it to my attention so I can bring it up in my leagues! I'll wait though because I'm sure that someone here will post after me and tell us what the norm is for the year 2 WW priority order. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Commissioner's Corner