$65 Auction Dynasty League, Serious Owners, a few spots left - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

$65 Auction Dynasty League, Serious Owners, a few spots left

Moderator: Football Moderators

$65 Auction Dynasty League, Serious Owners, a few spots left

Postby Grangers710 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Looking for some serious owners that would be interested in joining a 10 team insanity league. It's an auction format, salary cap, contracts, restricted free agents, etc. Go to fanball.com and search for the insanity league for details. My league is similar but not in all ways. If you have an interest to take your skills to the next level, let me know! Please email me at mailto:wes.granger@gt.com if interested ASAP!!
Last edited by Grangers710 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for owners for an "Insanity League"

Postby tpflanz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:57 pm

i might be inerested if it was 12 teams or more. 10 is too few
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Grangers710 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:58 pm

12 owners is fine, I have no problem with that, just need people to find ya know. If you know anyone else that would be interested, please let me know. email me and I'll give ya further information. I'll try to post it on here later tonight, but I got a party to go to tonight...
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Grangers710 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Allright everyone. I stole this concept from Fanball, but its kinda my own mix. The details of the league are as follows. Right now I'm just looking for owners and the rules/roster can be adjusted later.

A 12 team Dynasty/Keeper/Insanity League (whatever you want to call it). It will be an auction based draft on fantasyauctioneer.com (great site, takes all the work outta the auction). There will be a salary cap of $100 to draft the following positions:

Starters:
1 QB
2 RB
1 Flex - RB/TE/WR
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DST
6 BN

The Auction:
The Insanity League uses an auction for player distribution. Each team is awarded a mythical $100, with bids accepted in whole-dollar increments only. Teams will take turns bringing a player up to bid with a bid of at least $1. The highest bidder receives the player. At no time during the auction may a team have fewer dollars than available roster spots. Teams may not bid on players from positions that they cannot fill. Players and monies cannot be traded, sold, or redistributed in any manner during the auction. At no time can a team bid on a player that cannot be placed on its roster. After the auction, any remaining unspent salary cap money is retained by the team and can be applied toward future use. Additional money is not granted to teams later in the season.

Different from most auction drafts, any monies remaining when a team's roster is filled remains with the team for the purpose of later use, such as bidding on free agents.

Player contracts
Player contracts run 1-5 years, at the owner's choosing. Contracts always follow this format:

Year 1 = 100% of original auction value
Year 2 = 120%+$1
Year 3 = 140%+$1
Year 4 = 160%+$1
Year 5 = 180%+$1

Releasing a player from his contract before the contract has expired leaves a signing bonus penalty of 10% of the contract value in each future year.

Within three days of the conclusion of an auction, owners must assign a contract length to each newly acquired player. The decision about how long to apply each person's salary is wholly up to each owner.

Trades cannot be made that involve a player that does not have a contract (for example, a player that has just been drafted, but not yet signed to a contract).

Free agent bidding
Free agents are available from the end of the free agent auction to the end of the regular season.

Before the first regular season game, players can make their own transactions on the Insanity League web site. All players acquired this way automatically have a contract consisting of one year and $1. If you pick up a player that has previously been on your roster, you'll pick up his original contract amount. This avoids the following loophole: An owner could drop a $5 guy for one minute, and then re-sign him to a $1 contract. That's bad.

Franchise Tag
During the offseason, a team may choose to retain one of its free agent players by using an available franchise tag. If the team chooses to do so, the player automatically signs a three-year agreement with the player at the terms listed below.

Year 1: When you franchise a player, you'll pay either the average of the top-five players at his position, or his previous year salary plus 20%, whichever is higher.
Year 2: Take Year 1's amount, add an additional 20% and $1.
Year 3: Take Year 1's amount, add an additional 40% and $1.

The decision to apply the franchise tag must be made by March 31st.

Restricted free agents
Prior to March 31st each offseason, upon dropping a player, owners can designate ONE soon-to-be free agent to be a Restricted Free Agent. The player will be released to the free agent pool, but if this player is bid upon at the free agent auction, the team holding the RFA's rights can match the highest auction bid for that player and retain his services. Upon the conclusion of bidding, the RFA rights-holder must immediately declare his intention to match the auction price. The rights-holder may not violate any rules (such as salary cap or roster requirements, for example) in retaining the RFA. If the player is not bid upon at the free agent auction, the RFA rights-holder relinquishes any rights to the player.

The decision to tag a player as an RFA must be made by March 31st.

Holdouts
At the end of the regular season, any player whose end-of-year stats place him in the top 10 at his position is subject to examination as a possible holdout candidate. If a top-10 player is making less than one-third of the average salary of his position's top-10 highest paid players, he is deemed to be a "holdout" player. Holdout players will demand a Year 1 salary equal to the average salary of the top-10 highest paid players at his position—not including holdout players. If the owner chooses to retain the services of the player at his new price, he may extend the contract up to five years.

Owners who choose not to pay the player at his new demand, can release the player to the free agent pool. In that event, the owner cannot designate the player as a franchise or restricted free agent.

If a player is deemed to be a holdout player, the team needs to decide by March 31 if the player will be signed to a new contract or released.

Retirements
If a player retires from the NFL, his owner can choose to either:
a) Immediately void his contract, eliminating all salary cap burden for the player, and relinquishing any future rights to the player.
b) Immediately pay 10% (rounded up) of the player's current-year contract to retain the rights to that player throughout the length of the player's current contract. The 10% is applied to the current year only, but the owner retains the rights to the player for the duration of the contract. Example: Owner A has Player X under contract in 2003, 2004, and 2005. During the 2003 season, Player X retires (quitter!), and Owner A chooses to pay 10% (rounded up) of his current year contract, and retains the right to obtain Player X in 2003-2005 should that player choose to return to the NFL. If that occurs, the player will return under his previous contract.

Salary Cap
Each team has a salary cap of $100. At no time may a team's current-year roster exceed $100.

Trades
Teams are allowed to make any trade that does not violate the team's roster restrictions or current-year salary cap. Trades that violate future year salary caps are valid. In that event, owners will need to reconcile their roster during the offseason.

Trades cannot be made that involve a player that does not have a contract (for example, a player that has just been drafted, but not yet signed to a contract).

Trades are allowed from April 1 to kickoff of week 12.

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM FANBALL.COM

There are other rules, but again, that can all be determined later. I'm basically just looking for guys that love fantasy football and want to take it to the next level.
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Grangers710 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:16 pm

This league is really not as complex as it sounds, just more work after the year is over. I would love to have some active owners!!!!
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rringuet » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:11 pm

NO ONE IS AS ACTIVE AS ME

mailto:nasdaq3003@yahoo.com
rringuet
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Grangers710 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 pm

I'll send you an email once enough owners sign up. If you have any friends that would be interested please let me know. Thanks man, and I'll be in touch soon.
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:45 am

Okay. I'll join your league if you join mine (Double Your Pleasure League).

How many folks do we have and when are we starting the auction... since auction drafts take a long time usually, in my past experience.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bluebellfan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:01 am

I'd like to join in. Is this a live draft. Never done an auction so not sure how it works. mailto:rabbit6243@yahoo.com
bluebellfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Grangers710 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:38 am

Glad to see there is interest! So far I have 7 guys, would like to get 5 more owners, and 2 more in case someone isnt dedicated to this league. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the league...
Grangers710
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Classifieds