I just pulled the 6th pick of the draft (12 team league) - H - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I just pulled the 6th pick of the draft (12 team league) - H

Moderator: Football Moderators

I just pulled the 6th pick of the draft (12 team league) - H

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:19 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the 6th pick -

We are in a non-ppr, redraft, sportsline league so there's nothing out of the norm to that would make me grab a certain player (such as Westbrook in a PPR)

With that said - I now feel like it's a personal preference of players when it comes to my draft and I hate that.

LT, SJax, Gore, Lj will be gone.

I'm not big on Westbrook.

I like FWP but wow.. 6th pick? Will he repeat his numbers from last year? I have a hard time believing so.

Addai.. blah.. Can he be that good? I feel he's still "unproven" shrug. Dungey mentioned RBBC with DeDe

Rudi-Johnson seems like the best pick since he has the easiest schedule of the previous mentioned.

I hate the 6th pick.

Maybe someone can help change my mind and make me feel great about the draft spot I pulled.

:-{
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I just pulled the 6th pick of the draft (12 team league) - H

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Shaun Alexander.
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Aging offensive line - potential nagging foot injury and no deep WR threat.. I dunno about SA.

I guess maybe I'm expecting too much for the 6th spot?

I dunno...

Last 4 years I've had either the top or 2nd pick.. guess I've been lucky.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeah, you're expecting too much. Honestly, if Gore falls to you, I would take him in a second. I would go:

LT2
SJax
LJ
Gore
Addai
Parker
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:49 pm

I wouldn't have a problem at all taking Willie with the 6th pick, in a non-ppr. Take him, and feel good about it.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Alexander looked good in the Playoffs. But I mean if you're really struggling you can just say screw it and go with Peyton Manning and have him carry you to glory :-b

I think it'll be hard for FWP to repeat what he did last year. Rudi will be Rudi, which makes me believe he's the safe bet, but that's tough to say who will be there.

LT
SJax
LJ
Gore

those are for sure, if not please let me in this league next year.

Which then leaves me with:

Alexander
Rudi
FWP

Which I personally believe is the order it should be, and I'm even a Parker keeper owner. Too many questions with the younger guys and I think it'd be better to go with a proven commodity in a redraft league. Maybe with you're number 2 you could go crazy with Jamal Lewis or an Edgerrin James %-6
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:13 am

It's gotta go between Addai, Parker and Rudi

Addai will have better numbers than last year because he knows the system better and he is the "elite" back on the team, even with DeDe getting the ball Addai will be in there on all passing downs guaranteed plus all the other times he will get to justify his value in the mid first round in my eyes. Not to mention with a year under his belt in the NFL he will be a much smarter runner.

Parker I like a lot, I like how Pittsburgh plays, but with so many coaching changes and the platoon of mediocre backs behind him...with the chance of one to emerge as a TD vulture or otherwise is also slightly scary, only slightly, but theres too many questions in this situation in my eyes.

Rudi- consistent. Hands down we all know the story, mark down the yards and TDs now. Your biggest risk here is not taking a risk. Consistent performers don't win owners the Fantasy Super Bowls, its the guys who put up bigger than they are expecting, Rudi is in no position to do that, so he is a guy who you pick based on what kind of drafter you are. If you like to take more risks in later rounds, Rudi is your guy. If you usually play it safe, look else where in the first round.

What I say:
I'd take Addai, mainly because I'm pretty confident in my drafting abilities to get the talent I want. but if you are a risky picker more often than not (Such as taking a J-lew or Edge in the 2nd round or even a WR), take Rudi.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Crippler » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:01 am

aaawall91 wrote:It's gotta go between Addai, Parker and Rudi

Addai will have better numbers than last year because he knows the system better and he is the "elite" back on the team, even with DeDe getting the ball Addai will be in there on all passing downs guaranteed plus all the other times he will get to justify his value in the mid first round in my eyes. Not to mention with a year under his belt in the NFL he will be a much smarter runner.

Parker I like a lot, I like how Pittsburgh plays, but with so many coaching changes and the platoon of mediocre backs behind him...with the chance of one to emerge as a TD vulture or otherwise is also slightly scary, only slightly, but theres too many questions in this situation in my eyes.

Rudi- consistent. Hands down we all know the story, mark down the yards and TDs now. Your biggest risk here is not taking a risk. Consistent performers don't win owners the Fantasy Super Bowls, its the guys who put up bigger than they are expecting, Rudi is in no position to do that, so he is a guy who you pick based on what kind of drafter you are. If you like to take more risks in later rounds, Rudi is your guy. If you usually play it safe, look else where in the first round.

What I say:
I'd take Addai, mainly because I'm pretty confident in my drafting abilities to get the talent I want. but if you are a risky picker more often than not (Such as taking a J-lew or Edge in the 2nd round or even a WR), take Rudi.

I couldn't possibly say it any better myself. I completely agree.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:32 am

Wow aaawall91.. are you in sales?

;-)

If my draft were yesterday I would have picked Addai.. lol

But you see what I mean... there are a handful of guys that will be there.. oh well.. I'll figure something out.

Thanks gents!!
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:27 am

Don't be scared of Addai. He's young, he's in the best offense in the league, and now that Rhodes is gone you can bet he'll get the lion's share of touches. He has no choice BUT to put up big numbers. The only thing that could hold him down is a freak-like season from Peyton Manning where he throws 50 TD's again, not leaving many for Addai, but I think defenses have figured out it's better to bend but not break against the Colts, which means Peyton's not gonna get as many 50 yard bombs to Harrison and Wayne, which leaves alot of open field to Addai on dump offs. Look at the Super Bowl for example, Addai got 10 receptions (if i'm not mistaken) and you can expect much more of that next year.

Willie Parker's another guy that should do very well. As much as the STeelers run, and as good as they are at it, Parker will get his due as long as he stays healthy. Unfortunately the new coach is a bit of a scary prospect, and although Parker earned his chops on the goal line last season, there's always the chance that he'll be replaced there by a bigger RB since he's not very big himself.

Rudi's Rudi. 1,400 rushing, 12 TD's and a handful of receiving yards. You know what you're getting. Just don't forget the Bengals lost Eric Steinbach and Rudi has put up some significant mileage over the past 3 years. Definitely the safest of the 3, but if you want to go for the gold I'd take Addai.

Remember those years where it was always between Marshall Faulk and Edgerrin James as to who was the top fantasy RB? Addai could be moving into that debate with LT2 after this season's over.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk