My 2007 QB Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2007 QB Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats

Moderator: Football Moderators

My 2007 QB Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:56 pm

Any and all opinions welcome. This will be updated as the preseason gets closer.

For now..

Enjoy.. (hope the pics aren't too big)

Last edited by PapaPark on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My QB rankings with 2006 stats

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:22 am

no thoughts?
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 am

What do the clocks and bombs mean?

-Also disagree with Palmer and Brady being out of the top 3 right off the bat.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:47 am

Clock = sleeper
Bomb = bust
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eagles21 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:24 pm

Leinart and Cutler should be 2nd-tier, Favre should be third tier.

People are way too high on Kitna this year, he should be bottom of the second, top of the third tier in my opinion. I mean, the man had 22 int's last year and 9 fumbles lost! I understand that people think the fact that Detroit got Calvin Johnson, and their offensive line has been upgraded, that Kitna is a great sleeper, but 31 turnovers? This guy is a turnover machine! People are so high on him, and yet, I just don't see the upside in picking him as my starter.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:39 pm

Palmer over Bulger; McNabb over Kitna; Losman and McNair are much too high; VY and Campbell are too low; Solid analysis all around though. I like the post, and do look forward to your update once the season gets closer...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby TripleLatte » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm

I like the Kitna pick, I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes in the top 5 with another year of Martz's system under his belt and a nice new weapon named Calvin Johnson
TripleLatte
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Kitna over McNabb is patently absurd. There are only two ways to look at mcnabb, either he isn't healed, and he should be way low, or he should be treated like he is ok. Putting him behind kitna in my opinion seems kind of half-arsed to me. He was not only the number one QB, but was the fantasy number one when he went down. Kitna is all hype, and we don't KNOW what he is capable of. We know that peyton, carson, mcnabb, brady, brees can all do, and I really don't see how kitna can bump any of them. I kind of feel that Brady is a bit hyped because of the additions, just because he and Belicheck don't strike me as caring about stats, so maybe they won't air it out because they can. (I don't know though, obviously)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TripleLatte » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:10 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Kitna over McNabb is patently absurd.

That obvious and how can you saw we don't know what he is capable of? Kitna threw for over 4000 yards last year, something McNabb has NEVER done. McNabb is only averaging 12 games a year over the last 5 seasons with only one season of playing 16 games. You can't predict injuries but odds are McNabb will not play a full season based on these stats and the fact that he is only getting older.
TripleLatte
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:26 am

first of all its not about yards always, its about total fantasy points. McNabb has never done it true, but I need to remind you that the team sat him for two elective games in 2004, he was not injurerd. Kitna has also never sniffed a season like that, as he turns the ball over too much.

McNabb was the fantasy number one before going down last year. Granted he is an injruy risk, and if you feel that way, he bumps down even further. But if you are going to have mcnabb near the top, he has at the end of the top, and before kitna.

Judging from McNabb's body of work and kitna's, there isn't much comparison. Kitna's interceptions ALONE took away just over 7 td's from his total. So he had 23 total, but he really had just under 16 total because of his obscene interception rate. He also lost another nine fumbles, which equates to another 18 fantasy points lost. So thirty one turnovers? are you kidding me?

Your right, that is something that Kitna has done that McNabb has never done. Figuring 25 yards per point passing, -2 turonvers, and 6 pts per td, the difference between the two is around the area of 20 points because of Kitna's turnovers. You would be better off having owning mcnabb hurt and then playing his backup. Granted Donovan hasn't done the 4k thing, but his 2004 season was better than anything kitna has done, and the previous two years were on pace to be monstrous. With two more games, McNabb would have had a higher scoring season than Kitna had in 16. Not to mention that it was easy to get garcia from the wire, and the two combined were a shade under 4k in 15 games (feely played the Falcons game). Point being, Donovan clearly would have broken that threshold. I know these things are a judgment call, and we can't tell the future, but one is clearly better than the other, and Kitna's turnovers are abominable.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk