Give me your predictions for the Vikings 2007 W-L record... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Give me your predictions for the Vikings 2007 W-L record...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings 2007 Record

13-3
14%
12-4
No votes
11-5
14%
10-6
14%
9-7
No votes
8-8
No votes
below .500
57%

Total votes : 7

Give me your predictions for the Vikings 2007 W-L record...

Postby theuniquebizop.com » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:28 pm

September can't come soon enough. I'm ready to start talkin' football. Who's with me?
theuniquebizop.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Give me your predictions for the Vikings 2007 W-L record...

Postby treat24 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:15 pm

I voted below .500, i'm a realist and i think it will be VERY tough for us to win 8.... VERY VERY TOUGH... it's not out of the question, but I see us as a 5 or 6 win team... I would like more... but I don't see it. Although at the moment we are 1 point favorites week 1 vs the falcons... :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:06 pm

5 or 6 wins. As much potential as Jackson may have, a 2nd year QB from a small school pedigree is going to take awhile to get comfortable and really understand the ins and outs of the NFL. There's also plenty of holes to fill among the receiving corps, in the secondary, and on the right side of the O-Line. Playoffs aren't really in my sights this year, I just hope that the team improves as the year goes on and shows promise for the 2008 season.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby theuniquebizop.com » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm a glass half-full person. I'd like to think that we're adding two first-rounders on defense with Greenway and James coming back. On offense, I'm looking for Peterson to take the pressure off Jackson. We need to remember that Jackson was good enough to be recruited DI-A and chose to transfer to Alabama State because he didn't want to sit behind Matt Jones and also didn't want to sit out a year.

I'm from the Philly area and was disappointed when Childress was hired. All he had with the Eagles was a title. He never called the plays. And it really showed last year. Hopefully that changes in '07.
theuniquebizop.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Who is smokin the wacky with that 10-6 prediction? :-b

I'm a DieHard fan of the Vikes and I still will be after we experience a Les Steckel type of year from our boys this year.

I'm thinking we are only going to get 3 or 4 wins, TJack Experiment last 8 weeks; less if he gets injured. Then were left with Brooks and some Baseball Pitcher at QB. I think we should sign some MLB Outfiedlers to be our #1 Receiver. 8-o Uggghhhhhh

Sorry guys, this is going to be a brutal year. I'm hoping we can get 5 or 6 wins so we don't get the Number 1 pick. We won't need a RB and I hate taking a QB with Pick #1 overall. We don't want to pay #1 money anyway. If we do have the fewest wins, I seriously hope we trade it away for more picks.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby theuniquebizop.com » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 pm

That's me with the 10-6 prediction. Jackson will be the starter all year unless injury. You gotta remember, Childress is cut from the Andy Reid mold. He is stubborn. He drafted Jackson and in his mind he's gonna make it work. They could have traded for Schaub or Carr but didn't. And Carr wouldn't have cost anything. He'll live or die with Jackson.

We've got better receivers and a stud running back. Let's see how it plays out.
theuniquebizop.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:23 pm

theuniquebizop.com wrote:That's me with the 10-6 prediction. Jackson will be the starter all year unless injury. You gotta remember, Childress is cut from the Andy Reid mold. He is stubborn. He drafted Jackson and in his mind he's gonna make it work. They could have traded for Schaub or Carr but didn't. And Carr wouldn't have cost anything. He'll live or die with Jackson.

We've got better receivers and a stud running back. Let's see how it plays out.

Who did Childress Mold? Um, Nobody. Where is this Reid B.S. coming from? Chilly did not groom anyone. McNabb? Nope.

Your logic shoves me even more to my prediction of 3 or 4 wins. Going to be a long, very long, season if Chilly is as stubborn as you think he is. :-t

Again, I'm a huge Vike Fan and I hope that I'm very wrong. :-o
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theuniquebizop.com » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 am

RiffRaff, I guess you didn't get my point. When I said Childress is cut from the Andy Reid mold, I meant they are both stubborn people. Childress made his choice in Jackson and that's it. Mark my words. At training camp you will hear stories of the quarterbacks competing for the starters job. That will be B.S. Jackson will be the starter unless injury. Bollinger stinks and Henson hasn't proven himself. The guy they drafted this year will be the #3 at the start of the season. With who they have Jackson has the most potential and should start.

This team is improved over last year. You can't deny that.
theuniquebizop.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 am

theuniquebizop.com wrote:RiffRaff, I guess you didn't get my point. When I said Childress is cut from the Andy Reid mold, I meant they are both stubborn people. Childress made his choice in Jackson and that's it. Mark my words. At training camp you will hear stories of the quarterbacks competing for the starters job. That will be B.S. Jackson will be the starter unless injury. Bollinger stinks and Henson hasn't proven himself. The guy they drafted this year will be the #3 at the start of the season. With who they have Jackson has the most potential and should start.

This team is improved over last year. You can't deny that.

We've Improved? At RB Only and he won't be the starter from the gate.

Don't go PA and Dubay on this bit.

We won 6 games last year and we have only improved significantly at One Position. A position that will be "Moot" because we will have no passing game. We did not improve our pass rush and we'll see more of the same. 1st to 5th against the rush and 28th to 32nd against the pass. We've stayed "Status Q" with most of our starters, this isn't H.S. or College, on a 6 win team. A clear sign that we are looking at even worse season.

I can actually see us getting Swept in our Weak Division. I know, I know, Detroit is in our division. Maybe we beat them at home.

I caught your point on Chilly being stubborn. That is the reason we will win between 3 and 6 games, not 10 games.

Keep being a Fan, but don't get lost in the clouds.

But, If you are right, I'll eat my Crow with a Big Smile on my face. ;-D
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Falcons - W
Lions - W
Chiefs - W
Packers - W
Bears - L
Cowboys - L
Eagles - W
Chargers - L
Packers - W
Raiders - W
Giants - W