That second group of WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

That second group of WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: That second group of WRs

Postby hickdubious » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:50 am

Shouldn't Hines Ward be in there somewhere???
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:27 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:regardless of how mcgahee performed last year defenses still respected him a lot more than they will respect lynch this year IMO.

This is virtually impossible to predict, but I have a hard time believing that Lynch will post a YPC average worse than 3.8. But, even if he does, Evans has shown that he can thrive in an environment with no legitimate rushing attack.

deluxe_247 wrote:i also dont think the bills line has improved at all, which is just another reason to doubt losman doing better than last season.

I completely disagree. The Bills paid a ton of money to get ex-Redskin Derrick Dockery, who has incredible size, surprising agility, and at 26 years old, is still improving. They also brought in Langston Walker from Oakland, who is an improvement at right tackle.

deluxe_247 wrote:his completion percentage is decent, but for example is still lower than mcnairs...which is a guy i consider to be in a similiar situation. he also has a low ceiling. passing percentage and QB rating doesnt always translate into good fantasy performance. i would not only bet on cutler outperforming both losman and mcnair, but that evans numbers are slighty less than this last seasons

Sure, Losman's completion percentage was lower than McNair's, but it was higher than Tom Brady's, Carson Palmer's, and Jay Cutler's. And no, it doesn't always translate into good fantasy performance, but we're talking about WR fantasy performance here, not QB's. I'm just showing you that Losman isn't nearly as incompetent as you make him out to be, and he's entirely capable of getting the ball to his star receiver.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:35 pm

hickdubious wrote:Shouldn't Hines Ward be in there somewhere???

If you've got reason to believe he's gonna go for 1000/8 sure lets put him up there. I think he'll stay somewhere around 900/6 like last year. Maybe if he could stay healthy he belongs here. He could certainly outperform some of these guys if they bust, but I don't think Ward is on this level anymore.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:59 pm

I think the second group starts with Housh/Roy, in either order, then:
Colston
Fitz
Driver
Walker
Boldin
Plax
DJax

I'm reading a lot of stuff about how Housh will be the best WR in Cinci for fantasy purposes this year. I'm pretty high on him and will probably take him ahead of Roy. If I can get Housh, Roy, Colston, or Fitz as my WR1 I'd be pretty satisfied considering I've all but given up on using an early enough pick to get Marvin, Chad, Steve, Wayne, Owens, or Holt.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:52 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:I think the second group starts with Housh/Roy, in either order, then:
Colston
Fitz
Driver
Walker
Boldin
Plax
DJax

I'm reading a lot of stuff about how Housh will be the best WR in Cinci for fantasy purposes this year. I'm pretty high on him and will probably take him ahead of Roy. If I can get Housh, Roy, Colston, or Fitz as my WR1 I'd be pretty satisfied considering I've all but given up on using an early enough pick to get Marvin, Chad, Steve, Wayne, Owens, or Holt.

I agree with taking Housh ahead of RW for the reason of consistent qb play and offensive firepower

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:19 am

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see Coles ranked so lowly (or not at all) on so many of these lists. His upside may be limited, but so is his downside, and I'd as soon go with consistency as potential in my WR2, especially considering how far Laveranues is falling in drafts.

As well as Cotchery did last year Coles was still good for 90+/1100 and half a dozen scores. That's a solid WR2 and a fantastic WR3, and if he puts up similar numbers in '07 (which is a fair bit more likely than the rook topping his given the bust rate on sophomore wideouts) he could be the SOD at wideout in your draft.

Ain't missed a game since his rookie year either.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk