Quarles leaning toward retirement - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quarles leaning toward retirement

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quarles leaning toward retirement

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:11 pm

07/02 Buccaneers: Quarles leaning toward retirement
Source: Fanball
Free agent Shelton Quarles has received some interest from teams since the Buccaneers released him last month. However, he told the St. Petersburg Times that he is leaning toward retirement because he doesn't want to move his family.

Our View
The Lions are presumably one of the team's that has reached out due to his history with head coach Rod Marinelli and defensive coordinator Joe Barry. However, Quarles has suffered numerous concussions over the last few years and we do not believe he would make much of an impact in IDP leagues if he chooses to play.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Quarles leaning toward retirement

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Quarles back as a scout:

Thursday, 08/02/07

Quarles rejoins Bucs as a pro scout

Tennessean News Services

Shelton Quarles didn't stay retired very long.

The former Vanderbilt and Whites Creek High star linebacker, whose Pro Bowl NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ended this past spring because of injuries, returned to the team on Wednesday as a pro scout.

Quarles, who played at Vanderbilt from 1990-93, had been with the Bucs since 1997 after a stint in the Canadian Football League. Despite being unable to play, he wanted to stay close to the game.

"It's a good fit for me," Quarles said on the team's Web site, buccaneers.com. "I understand the game of football and hopefully the strengths I have will allow me to be successful in this new endeavor.

"I'm excited about an opportunity to be a part of the organization again. The Bay area and the Buccaneers have always been my choice, on the field or off the field."

Bucs GM Bruce Allen expects much of Quarles.

"As I said this spring when Shelton's playing career in Tampa came to an end, we hoped that he would choose to continue his association with the team," Allen said on the team's Web site. "We have seen through the years what kind of worker Shelton is, and we have no doubt he will be as successful in this aspect of football as he was on the field."

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers