Another Ravens Defense Scoring Change??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another Ravens Defense Scoring Change???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another Ravens Defense Scoring Change???

Postby Will Herrmann » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:49 pm

I noticed today that Yahoo has made ANOTHER scoring change to the Ravens defense for week 6's matchup against Arizona. It looks like they have removed one of the 2 defensive touchedowns that were previously credited to the defense. My question is WHY??? One TD was the result of a blocked kick returned for a TD by Ed Reed (and Yahoo still scores the bloked kick as 2 points for my defense), and the other came from an INT returned for a TD by Chris McAlister. Both of these should be scored as defensive TDs, and the point swing from Yahoo deleting one of the TDs has resulted in me LOSING my matchup from last week. I need those points back dammit!! Anyone know why Yahoo made this late week change, or if it was an error? I submitted a scoring dispute to Yahoo as well.

Will
Will Herrmann
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperCafone » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:34 pm

That sux man! Snd 100000 mails, I am not on Yahoo, but I am always reading how bad they do, I will never join a league in there! :-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:07 pm

They've called it a return touchdown instead of a defensive touchdown... this has been how they've been designating fumble recovery for tds this year... its a real problem because there is a fine line between a special teams and a defensive play... for instance, I got credit for a "return td" for the Baltimore D because my league uses that scoring option. But if it had been 3rd down, and the running back had fumbled and McCalister had recovered and taken the ball in for a TD, then they would've called it a defensive touchdown... a real problem that Yahoo has had this year... I was hurt earlier in the year on a fumble recovery by an offensive player for B'more that was initially called a return TD, and then later revoked and put under the heading of Miscellaneous in the NFL gamebook...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Baltimoron » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:18 pm

Yahoo FFL sucks. Get on a better program. I used sportsline this year and am very happy.
Baltimoron
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 49ers Forever » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:30 pm

this is my first season on yahoo. They do indeed suck. I am in two other leagues where the scoring is much more rational, and consistent. Playfantasy is one, and it is new, so there are occasional point disputes, but the administrator posts on the bulletin board, so any question you have will be answered by the guy who is running the site! ;-D Also, bestfantasysports is pretty good, the only problem is getting people to respond to trade offers because it doesn't notify them unless they happen to go the trade desk. Other than that, those two are sharp. Anything is better than Ya-Boo though.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby t-love » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:15 pm

I've used most of the afore mentioned sites, but this year im on Fanball.com and like it best of all.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:02 pm

I can't quite remember the play exactly, but I think the kick was blocked and then went forward (not past the LoS, but in front of the punter), and was then run back for a TD. Since the kick went forward (I think), it is then considered a punt return.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby zombiez » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I can't quite remember the play exactly, but I think the kick was blocked and then went forward (not past the LoS, but in front of the punter), and was then run back for a TD. Since the kick went forward (I think), it is then considered a punt return.
.....damn how many times has all this come up the past couple weeks.....sounds to me like Yahoo doesn't know whats up.ITS DEFENSIVE
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:35 pm

I hate yahoo. I use a site called http://www.myfantasyleague.com in it the commish decides ow it is scored. It does the points automatically too.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby QB Kontraverzy » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:42 am

DAMNIT YAHOO!!! Thanks to this crap I can now kiss my chance for an undefeated season goodbye. I now ended up losing last weeks matchup by ONE freakin' point!

I can understand making scoring corrections under certain circumstances. The Bledsoe fumble a few weeks ago that was initially scored against Travis Henry comes to mind. I think they did the right thing by giving Henry those 2 points back and penalizing Bledsoe but with something like this where it is so unclear what the proper ruling should be in the first place I say make a decision and stick with it. To me it is inexcusable to take 6 points away from someone almost a week after the fact. If they want to call it a non-defensive touchdown then fine but score it that way on sunday and stick with it.

I don't know who they are trying to please by doing this but I can almost guarantee that they have pissed more people off than if they would have just stuck with the initial scoring. If they keep screwing people over like this, myself and I'm sure many others will be looking for a new fantasy football host in the future.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -- Winston Churchill
QB Kontraverzy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk