R. Moss v. Stallworth: Who's the better WR? (Fant & Actual) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

R. Moss v. Stallworth: Who's the better WR? (Fant & Actual)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: R. Moss v. Stallworth: Who's the better WR? (Fant & Actual)

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:15 am

hwkyetkd11 wrote:I think you need to consider value also, Moss in the 5th versus Stallworth however many rounds later. I would probably feel better about my overall team with stallworth as my WR3 than if I have Moss as my WR1.

Been doing many mocks lately, even if you draft RB, RB (which you should), there still are a few players left....so Moss wouldn't necessarily be your #1 WR. His ADP is 4.05.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby krazyjoe8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:43 pm

If they both play the same about of games (if) I can see Donte having the same or more fantasy points on a wide open offense like the new Pats. You'll see.

HOLLA IF YA NEED A SIG.
Go Eagles. Go Sixers. Go Phillies.
krazyjoe8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:10 pm

skibrett15 wrote:can you think of any cases where the no. 2 WR on a team was the no. 1 fantasy WR? Maybe Peerless Price and Eric Moulds way back... T.J. Housh and Chad Johnson is close also.

It's possible that Stallworth is better value, but no way is he better overall.

Scout: Book On Moss Is Good Read
Scout says critics of Moss' route running are dead wrong
The question of how Randy Moss will mesh with the Patriots [team stats] is sure to remain a compelling one until the games actually begin. According to a pro scout who has watched Moss extensively throughout his career, one of his greatest attributes also ranks among his least publicized - his ability to read defenses. “It’s kind of interesting, because I hear people say he doesn’t know how to run routes and all this other stuff,” said the scout, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “But he’s one of the few guys I know of in this league who when defenses line up, he knows what coverage it is.” Moss honed that skill while working with Cris Carter in Minnesota. “Carter caught a whole lot of footballs by telling the quarterback what the coverage was going to be,” the scout said. “So to say the guy doesn’t know how to run routes and he’s not this and he’s not that, those things are totally false. I don’t know how many guys you know who can line up and tell the quarterback what the coverage is, but Randy is one of them.” If Moss is as advanced in that area as the scout believes, he should fit right into a Patriots offense that requires its receivers to read and react in sync with quarterback Tom Brady [stats]. “Watch out,” the scout said. “If the guy sitting next to him in the locker room is the guy I think it is, then Randy’s probably going to get a lot of opportunities and things will be good.” (Boston Herald)

FF Today's Take: This is an eye-opening perspective of a skill set Randy Moss has that is difficult to understand unless in the huddle or up close. If the analysis holds true, Moss will have a huge comeback year. http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... ormat=text
just an interesting read on Moss butt as Ski said wr1>>>wr2 all day long especially in this case

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:53 am

skibrett15 wrote:can you think of any cases where the no. 2 WR on a team was the no. 1 fantasy WR? Maybe Peerless Price and Eric Moulds way back... T.J. Housh and Chad Johnson is close also.

It's possible that Stallworth is better value, but no way is he better overall.

Reggie Wayne ;-D

The question really depends on which Moss shows up. It's also not like Stallworth is God's gift to WRs. How many different teams has he been on now?

Brady has 5 or 6 targets to hit (which includes his RB) so I doubt any of these two will have a stellar year.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 am

As much as Brady spreads the ball around, I really don't see Moss putting up numbers like he did in Minnesota. Can he put up 1,200 and 10? Sure. But I don't think we're going to see 1,700 and 17 TD's like we did a few years back, especially with Stallworth deserving some catches himself.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 am

bagobonez wrote:As much as Brady spreads the ball around, I really don't see Moss putting up numbers like he did in Minnesota. Can he put up 1,200 and 10? Sure. But I don't think we're going to see 1,700 and 17 TD's like we did a few years back, especially with Stallworth deserving some catches himself.

Agreed. I think Moss will be the better actual/fantasy WR but Brady spreads the ball around a ton so I wouldn't rely on Moss as one of your top fantasy WR's. Both he and Stallworth should have good numbers in the end though.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 pm

bagobonez wrote:As much as Brady spreads the ball around, I really don't see Moss putting up numbers like he did in Minnesota. Can he put up 1,200 and 10? Sure. But I don't think we're going to see 1,700 and 17 TD's like we did a few years back, especially with Stallworth deserving some catches himself.

1200 and 10 puts him in the top 5. I'll take that from my WR2 in a heartbeat...

Also people seem to forget that Stallworth has yet to complete a full season. In the cold of Foxboro, I wouldn't bet on him to play 16 games or anything close with those tender hammys...

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Moss is the better talent of the two, and eventhough he is playing with Brady, it doesn't mean he can't put up numbers. He's had some rough times, but then again he was stuck in Oakland. I wouldn't count on him as a top WR, but he's the better choice over Stallworth.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kimmer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:37 am

R. Moss...he will be reborn this year.
kimmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pats4four » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:52 pm

Straight up, Moss is the better WR by far. He is just a physical freak with insane speed whilst Stallworth has speed, Moss is just better. IMO, they are both similar WRs ass they are both deep threats with Moss being a more polished version. Furthermore, Brady used to spread the ball out but when has he ever had a receiver of Moss' calibur to lock onto? I mean guys like Branch, Givens Caldwell aren't exactly in the same league as Moss are they? Brady will get the ball to the guy who is open and Moss has more ability to get open compared to the previous WRs in New England which is why Moss will produce very good numbers this year.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk