Yahoo Money League Setup Q - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Money League Setup Q

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Money League Setup Q

Postby bbalevic23 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Hey guys, I started up a money league with some friends and clients of mine and was hoping to get your opinions to finalize the setup.

I originally had 10 teams max in my yahoo h2h league. The settings were 2 qb's, 2 rb's, 2 wr's, 2 w/r's, te, k and def. Since then, I added 2 slots making it a 12 team league and changed it from 2 qb's to one. I also changed a w/r slot to a w/t slot.

Anyway, I am contemplating just taking away the w/t slot since we have 12 people and the slot probably wont be filled up with a worthwhile player. By that I mean one who wouldnt serve a great purpose on a fantasy team, maybe 2 or so points/week. Which positions option do you like better for this league. Please choose setup A or B and I would love your opinions. thanks(12 team h2h, 6 points for all td's, 20 yds per point rushing and receiving and 50 per point passing)

Option A: 1 qb, 2 rb's, 2 wr's, 1 w/r, 1 w/t, te, k, def

Option B: 1 qb, 2 rb's, 2 wr's, 1 w/r, te, k, def
bbalevic23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Money League Setup Q

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:11 am

Option B: 1 qb, 2 rb's, 2 wr's, 1 w/r, te, k, def
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby GiveUp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:49 am

I know I'm in the minority but I'll say option A.

But it matters how many bench slots you are going to allow. People never seem to mention this (if I missed it sorry). Each bench slot you have will mean 12 less available 'useful' people on your WW. If you have to many bench slots it allows teams... especially ones that frequent here and educate themselves, to take out flyers on potential stars with little drawback. Fewer slots makes people have to put value on bodies on bye weeks or injury vs. flyers. I think if you plan to have 8-9 or more bench slots I wouls say stick with option B as it will at least add 12 more bodies to the WW. My personal preference is for leagues with slighty larger rosters like option A, but with only 6 or so bench slots to keep some talent in the WW pool.
GiveUp Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FunWithTP » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:03 am

in a casual/friendly money league, im a fan of simply combining the WR & TE completely. espn.com offers this as an option as well as fleaflicker.com cna be set up to accept it as a setting.

so my vote would be:
1qb
2rb
2wr/te
1def
FunWithTP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Crippler » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 pm

definitely eliminate the W/T slot. Almost nobody uses a TE in that slot, so you might as well just make it another WR or just remove it alltogether.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)