Gore vs LJ vs Shaun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Postby firesword » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 pm

In the 2007 year of fantasy football it is safe to say that most drafts will start with

1.1 - LT
1.2 - SJAX

But the people with the 3rd and 4th picks have the hardest decision in fantasy this year IMO. Obviously rosters,types of leagues, and scoring rules apply but overall how do you guys think these players should be ranked and why?
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:54 pm

I think I would have to go with:
3) LJ-Until he doesn't score tons of TDs and amass loads of yardage I can't not pick him here. Sure there are O-line issues, but coaching philosophy and nice play-off sched makes me lean toward LJ at number three.
4) Alexander. The man is a TD machine and is no more a injury risk than Gore. I look for a nice return to glory season for Alexander.
5) Gore. Nice playoff sched, improving team, but tendancy to put the ball on the ground, injury risk, and no history of big TD numbers would place him last of these three.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:16 pm

#3 L.J. - I can't imagine Johnson not scoring at least 12 scores and amassing 1,200 yards rushing at the bare minimum. Like Mooch said, until this guy shows me he's not the same player, I'll take my chances on Larry.

#4 Gore - The way he ended the season last year, how could someone pass on him at 4? He tallied over 1,000 yards of offense in the last half of the season alone. With the rest of the Niners offense only getting better with Vernon Davis coming back, the maturation of Alex Smith and the addition of Darrell Jackson, Gore should only continue to thrive.

#5 Shaun - I'm just not sold on Shaun returning to form and it's not entirely his fault. His o-line isn't as good as it once was, Hasselbeck has less players to throw to and Alexander is on the wrong side of 30. The guy's taken an awful lot of wear and tear over the years, I'd say he's at a crossroads. In fact, I might be tempted to take Addai over Alexander if I were picking 5th.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:49 pm

LJs holdout doesnt scare you at all?
Doesnt SA still have a lingering injury?
What do you think the loss of Norv Turner will do to Gore?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I would go:

Frank Gore
Larry Johnson
Shaun Alexander
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bravesfan42 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 pm

I'd take Gore at 3 and neither of the other 2 in the top 5.
bravesfan42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby yankhater14 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:55 pm

bravesfan42 wrote:I'd take Gore at 3 and neither of the other 2 in the top 5.

Completely agree! SA and LJ have wayy to many question marks to be in the top 5. Way to many. Injuries vs. holdouts, whatever. They'd be more like 8 or 9 in my book.
yankhater14
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm

3) LJ
4) SA
5) Gore

If I landed the 3rd or 5th picks in the first round, I would trade them because I am not sold on LJ or Gore as my RB1, but I think I could get more value for the draft pick than taking SA at 3.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 pm

I think I'm totally with most people on LJ at 3, but at 4 I have trouble knowing who to pick. Aside from Addai are there any others to be considered?

I guess it's tiered like this

LT

S-Jax

LJ, SA, Gore, Addai

Rudi, Willie, Westbrook

Brown, Maroney, Henry, Portis

I don't know what to think at this point. And what about the rankings within the tiers?
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Doesnt SA still have a lingering injury?

From everything I've read there doesn't seem to be any problems with his foot. There's been quite a bit on the subject and I'm surprised this keeps coming up. I honestly believe that the people who are picking Gore and Addai (and possibly LJ with the holdout possibility) are going to be kicking themselves come week 8 or so. But then again, that's the homer in me talking as well.

If SA gets to me at #6 (where I'm picking in my big money league) I'm taking him without hesitation. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk