Gore vs LJ vs Shaun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Postby fantasybeast27 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:11 pm

yankhater14 wrote:
bravesfan42 wrote:I'd take Gore at 3 and neither of the other 2 in the top 5.

Completely agree! SA and LJ have wayy to many question marks to be in the top 5. Way to many. Injuries vs. holdouts, whatever. They'd be more like 8 or 9 in my book.

I would like you in my league then. Gore has had a career full of injuries, and I am not concerned about LJ holding out.
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:41 pm

I still am not sure what you do with picks 3 and 4.
LJ is the obvious choice IF he plays but he seems like the type of personality that would holdout without hesitation.
After LJ it boils down to SA and Gore with the next pick and possibly Westy in a ppr league. What are you guys thinking? Personally they all scare me and right now i wouldnt feel confident drafting any of them at 4.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:50 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I still am not sure what you do with picks 3 and 4.
LJ is the obvious choice IF he plays but he seems like the type of personality that would holdout without hesitation.
After LJ it boils down to SA and Gore with the next pick and possibly Westy in a ppr league. What are you guys thinking? Personally they all scare me and right now i wouldnt feel confident drafting any of them at 4.

Right now I am tempted to have SA #3 in a non ppr league ahead of LJ. Everything seems to show that the foot is fine, and the line looked just fine running through the Bears in the playoffs last year.

In a PPR league though, arguments could definitely be made for Westie #3.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 am

I'm feeling an SA rebound year.

It really depends on what we know about LJ.

Without LJ's contract issues:

3. LJ
4. SA
5. Gore

With them:

3. SA
4. Gore
5. LJ

In a PPR league, I might take Westbrook in the top 5.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:59 pm

i just had the exact dilema described here as I was drawn third in my draft and was debating the issues of taking either one of the aforementioned 3 RBs.

Alexander - If you minus last year, he is one of the most productive RBs year in year out. Personally, I beleive his foot is 100% and with Hasselbeck being fully healthy too, there should be a nice pass/run balance once again. In addition, I think their WRs will be even better this year with Branch, Hackett and Engram working the slot and not forgetting Burleson as well.

LJ - The main thing that bothers everyone has to be talks of a holdout because if it was certain he is going to play next year, he would be the concensus number 3 pick and perhaps number 2. However, lets break down the issues surrounding him. Losing 2 key lineman in the last 2 years has got to damage his production no matter what, but losing Green isn't as bad. Green was out for most of last year and Huard stepped in but LJ's numbers were fine and the addition of Bowe should improve the pass game too. At this moment, I believe taking LJ is too risky with talks of a holdout.

Gore - Until last year, he was a relative unknown but he exploded onto the scene and carried many teams to championships. He had his fumbling problems but by the end of last season he had that under control. However, losing Norv Turner will hurt but I believe the development of Smith, Davis and the acquisition of DJax should offset this.

In closing I believe LJ the High rish high reward pick regarding his contract situation so if you want to take a flyer, pick him. Many have dismissed SA as being too old and maybe even still injured but I have a gut feeling that he will produce this year. I think Gore is the safest pick out of the three as he hasn't got any contract, age or injury concerns lingering over him.

P.S. In my draft the guy at 2 took LJ and SJax fell to me so you could always hope for that! ;-D
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Picks 3-8 are synonymous in my opinion.

What will Frank Gore do that Addai, FWP, or Westbrook won't?

This year the 1st and 2nd pick are on another level. The rest - we'll just have to wait and see.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 pm

PapaPark wrote:Picks 3-8 are synonymous in my opinion.

What will Frank Gore do that Addai, FWP, or Westbrook won't?

This year the 1st and 2nd pick are on another level. The rest - we'll just have to wait and see.

Shaun Alexander and LJ have both proven they can do things like LT can. They have had big TD seasons that not even Steven Jackson has had.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:23 pm

So are you going to pick up Lj or SA with the second pick?

I think not.

We also aren't talking about the Lj and SA of 2005. That was two years ago.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby northcuttfan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 am

Gore
LJ
SA
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:25 pm

PapaPark wrote:So are you going to pick up Lj or SA with the second pick?

I think not.

We also aren't talking about the Lj and SA of 2005. That was two years ago.

In a non PPR league I would definitely be tempted to take either LJ or SA with the no. 2 pick.

It was two years ago... exactly. He had an injury last season and he'll be back perfectly healthy this season. While I agree that Steven jackson's receiving yardage give him a leg up on LJ and SA, he doesn't compare when it comes to TDs. I can't see Jackson eclipsing the numbers from last year. He'll probably have much less receiving yards. I could definitely see both LJ and SA with 20 TDs next year. I'm not so sure Jackson is the clear cut no. 2 that everyone is making him out to be.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk