Gore vs LJ vs Shaun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Postby ateam » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:11 pm

I fall into this dillema as well with the 4th pick. Last year I scooped SJAx at 7 and was pretty happy w/my value. I have a feeling in my league it will be LT, SJax, top two, and the #3 will be either LJ or Gore.

With that I currently am leaning towards:

LJ
Addai
Gore
SA

Either way, I shouldn't call it a dillema, as I'll be pretty happy starting my squad w/ either one---the rub is trying to figure out the best option come new year's day. :*)
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore vs LJ vs Shaun

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
PapaPark wrote:So are you going to pick up Lj or SA with the second pick?

I think not.

We also aren't talking about the Lj and SA of 2005. That was two years ago.

In a non PPR league I would definitely be tempted to take either LJ or SA with the no. 2 pick.

It was two years ago... exactly. He had an injury last season and he'll be back perfectly healthy this season. While I agree that Steven jackson's receiving yardage give him a leg up on LJ and SA, he doesn't compare when it comes to TDs. I can't see Jackson eclipsing the numbers from last year. He'll probably have much less receiving yards. I could definitely see both LJ and SA with 20 TDs next year. I'm not so sure Jackson is the clear cut no. 2 that everyone is making him out to be.

If this holdout issue gets cleared up i think LJ becomes the clear #2 in most formats. I just dont want my top RBs value to be tied up in dump off passes to be honest. I'd be very surprised if Sjax had that many catches again.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk