Total Opposites? Maybe Not? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Total Opposites? Maybe Not?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Total Opposites? Maybe Not?

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Not sure how this got posted?

Almost a double post, except the first included less than half of the 'work' in the 2nd...odd...oh well, none the less this post was a mistake and edited to reflect that. :-°
Last edited by aaawall91 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Total Opposites? Maybe Not?

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:11 pm

Parker had:
111 more carries, 413 more yards, 6 more TDs, targeted on a pass 8 less times and received the ball 9 less times, 103 less receiving yards, and 2 more receiving TDS per game.

All this considered:

Parker should get roughly the same amount of carries, maybe a little less, as I see the running game used very close to the same amount as last year, just using the passing plays more productively for the offense as a whole.
While Addai's carries should also increase being the main back, but can he carry the whole load? DeDe Doresy or another back should get a decent amount of time as Dungy said he likes the two-back system and plans on using it again this year, that shouldut into Addai's carries some, but he won't match Parker in carries

Parker's rushing yards should do nothing but increase, because these new 4WR sets will (as stated) open up the field a lot more for Parker and that will be even more tailored to Fast Willie Parker's strengths as a runner. As I stated before Addai is main back, Dorsey or other back should cut in, but more carries won't necessarily reflect in that x number of more yards (x being ypc). Being on the field that much more and without as much Thunder to his lightning (persay) as he had with Rhodes last year will keep him from being as effective per attempt.

Parker being targeted on passes will will increase, which will lead to an increase in receptions, and obviously more receiving yards. While Addai should also increase in receptions, yards, and possibly TDs, but there is a lot more viable down the field targets and targets to take it to the house than Addai so I don't look for his TD numbers as a receiver or overall to increase.

That being said:
Indy drafting a receiver as high as they did Gonzalez and letting go one of their veteran runningback's doesn't exactly show an increased dedication to the run game, although yes Addai, but Dungy talking about using a 2-back system this year takes away slightly from Addai's high point there, especially the 2-back system being such a downgrade from what they had last year, now its two fairly inexperienced backs (projected) to head the tandem. This scares me a lot, I expect this to be more geared to the Pass game once again this year, which hasn't proved to always be bad for runningbacks in Indy (Edge), but the talks of 2-back systems doesn't exactly excite me.

lets just say I like Parker a little more this year, about the same rushing load and an increased receiving role is fantasy gold.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk