Michael Jenkins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Jenkins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Jenkins

Postby scsi1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 pm

I have to make a decision on him soon.

He doesn't cost me much salary cap and he was a very good spot starter last year.

Someone other then Crumpler has to catch some of those 15-20 TDs that Vick will throw this year.

I need some opinions on the ATL WRs.
scsi1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Jenkins

Postby Munboy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:03 pm

scsi1 wrote:I have to make a decision on him soon.

He doesn't cost me much salary cap and he was a very good spot starter last year.

Someone other then Crumpler has to catch some of those 15-20 TDs that Vick will throw this year.

I need some opinions on the ATL WRs.

They suck ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan04 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm not very high on Jenkins. Granted, he is a 3rd year WR and his TDs increased from 3 in 2005 to 7 in 2006, but his yards still went down from 05 to 06. Every year it seems like someone is saying that at least one Atlanta WR has to step up and catch some TDs, and every year no one steps up. He might be worth a late round pick, but nothing more than that.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Okay, if you keep him this year, would it be possible to keep him next year as well? Because I see this as a learning year, with a chance of breaking out...but if Harrington is tossing the rock, and he is the 3rd best target...ehh...that isn't exactly something I would rub other owners faces in...but I think in 08-09 he should be ready for a good season. (but I do like him this year better than some team's 3rd WRs)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:34 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:I'm not very high on Jenkins. Granted, he is a 3rd year WR and his TDs increased from 3 in 2005 to 7 in 2006, but his yards still went down from 05 to 06. Every year it seems like someone is saying that at least one Atlanta WR has to step up and catch some TDs, and every year no one steps up. He might be worth a late round pick, but nothing more than that.

It's his 4th year...

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Munboy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:20 am

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that Millan in Detroit got blasted for drafting WRs in the first round back to back years that hasn't worked out when atlanta did the same thing?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:42 am

nope don't find it odd at all..everyone loves to hate the Lions...and everyone (at least used to...) loves to love the Falcons...I mean..every pack of friends has that Vick-Atlanta Madden Player...I know I am one of them...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:33 am

aaawall91 wrote:nope don't find it odd at all..everyone loves to hate the Lions...and everyone (at least used to...) loves to love the Falcons...I mean..every pack of friends has that Vick-Atlanta Madden Player...I know I am one of them...
Vick is just so awesome to play in Madden. I remember once I did a QB sneak on almost every down with him one game and ended up with 530 rushing yards.

But yeah about Jenkins, every year he seems primed to do halfway decent until we see the erratic Michael Vick who can pretty much just chuck it 10 yards to his TE every other passing play. Jenkins could have a big game here or there but Atlanta WR's will struggle. I see Joe Horn possibly doing just as much as Jenkins this year which would be not much!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:31 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:I'm not very high on Jenkins. Granted, he is a 3rd year WR and his TDs increased from 3 in 2005 to 7 in 2006, but his yards still went down from 05 to 06. Every year it seems like someone is saying that at least one Atlanta WR has to step up and catch some TDs, and every year no one steps up. He might be worth a late round pick, but nothing more than that.

It's his 4th year...

Good call, you're right. When I was first typing my response I had Fanball's fantasy magazine open to look at his stats and for some reason that have him as a 3rd year WR :-?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby BlitzBoyz » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Atlanta's problem isn't the WR's, it's Vick throwing the ball at their feet and over their heads.
You live and learn - or you don't live long.
BlitzBoyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk