Rookie WR besides Calvin, best career? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie WR besides Calvin, best career?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rookie WR besides Calvin, best career?

Postby CC » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:I like Dwayne Jarrett in the long run better than any of those guys.

you really like Jarrett that much CC?

I think of him as a Keyshawn type, which i think is awesome cuz Key should make the Hall, but you think Meachem has the chance to be better?

It's not that I am a huge Jarrett fan, I just don't really love any of those guys as NFL WRs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Athrun340 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Tedd Ginn JR!!! .. he will be the next Randy Moss!! without the attitude!! you see hes not the only one we drafted .. we also drafted the whole Ginn Family!! .. I heard his dad will be the core of our defensive line and his mom will be the team's counselor.. how sweet

seriously, I think Meachem and Steve Smith.
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:I like Dwayne Jarrett in the long run better than any of those guys.

you really like Jarrett that much CC?

I think of him as a Keyshawn type, which i think is awesome cuz Key should make the Hall, but you think Meachem has the chance to be better?

It's not that I am a huge Jarrett fan, I just don't really love any of those guys as NFL WRs.

I agree with CC in that I think he'll be the best receiver other than CJ2. People get down on his speed far too much but some of the best WRs ever have been as slow or slower than him and even some great receivers in the NFL right now aren't all that speedy. Jerry Rice, the best WR of all time, had very poor pure speed by the standards of today but it didn't really end up making a difference because he was an excellent route runner and had fabulous hands. Same thing with a guy like Anquan Boldin, great route runner, strong player, and great hands...very good NFL WR. I think you'll see Jarrett closer to an Anquan Boldin type of player with him being a big strong receiver and he's a great route runner with excellent hands. He's deceptively fast and can get separation better than you would think at his speed.

That being said, I don't know that any of these guys will be hall of famers other than CJ2 if he lives up to that potential, but I think Jarrett is the one that will be the best receiver of the rest of this bunch.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk