PPR Values of certain RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PPR Values of certain RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR Values of certain RB

Postby BrewCrew6 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:16 pm

So my league, which is a PPR that also rewards long TD's, I'm unsure which 2 RB's to target (picks 11 and 14) this year. Here are my current 11-20 RB, and I would any of my top 10 if they fell.

Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Laurence Maroney (will move up with healthy training camp)
Travis Henry
Maurice Jones-Drew
Thomas Jones
Clinton Portis
Deuce McAllister
Edgerrin James
Cedric Benson

Scoring System (1 ppr, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing, 1 pt 20 yards rec, 6pts per TD + 2 points per 20 yards ex: 40 yard TD=10 points + yardage).
So my question is, obviously I know the general group of players who will be available, but is taking Jones-Drew a reach at 14 in this league? He caught 46 passes last year in not a full season, and could/should catch 50-55 this year. Also, he can score long TD's. Originally I had him lower without realizing he caught so many passes last year. I'm hoping Reggie Bush falls (I really doubt he will) at 11, but otherwise, who of that 10-20 range do you think make the best starting RB this year? Rank these guys.
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR Values of certain RB

Postby BrewCrew6 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:43 pm

No thoughts?

What RB would you target in this league?
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chidoy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:43 am

IMHO, I'd say MJD. I'm not sold on him personally but given the list, I think he has the most potential in ppr to break a few long ones. I like others better in ppr but i think MJD has the best chances of turning a short gain to a long one. good luck!
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrewCrew6 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 am

Yeah, I'mj not super high on MJD either, but thinking about it, in this league I think he's worth the #14 pick assuming he's still there. He finished 8th last year in our scoring system, and should see more touches this year. Even if he regresses a little, I think he'll be top 10-12. What do you guys think about other guys in my league?
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby da bears » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 am

I am having the exact same problem in my league. Out of the bunch right now I have them ranked....
R Brown
McGahee
Maroney
Edge
Henry (i dont trust the denver backs anymore & 2 tough defenses in their division)
T Jones (he should be ranked even higher nothing wrong with this guy at all and he catches passes)
Deuce
Benson
Portis
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby BrewCrew6 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 am

Why don't you trust denver running backs? Because of last year? Because going back to Portis in 2002 and 2003 and Terrell Davis before that and even Reuben Droughns and Mike Anderson had success... Everyone knew, or should have known, that the Denver backfield last year had the potential to screw you over if you over invested in it, and now those people keep saying they don't trust Mike Shanahan. Point being, there is no way Travis Henry is being paid to watch. I'm not in love with him, but I don't get the "I dont trust Denver RB" sentiment.
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk