Man strangles own Dog - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man strangles own Dog

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man strangles own Dog

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 am

A vicious attack by a large Rottweiler Wednesday night has left a 51-year-old Ottawa man with severe injuries to his arms and substantial blood loss.

The owner had to strangle his own dog to death to save the victim.

The attack happened just before 9 p.m. at 1195 Howie Rd. in the rural west end south of Carp.

“The dog has ear mites and they were putting drops in the ears when he bit the 51-year-old male,” said Darryl Wilton, Ottawa Paramedic duty officer.

The ferocious bites from the seven-year-old, 125-lb., dog ripped open the victim’s left bicep, his right shoulder and “shredded” his right arm from the elbow down, said Wilton and police.

The dog's owner, a 25-year-old friend of the homeowner, is well known to the man. Paramedics said the dog’s owner can be credited with saving the man’s life.

Witnesses told police the victim had been drinking and began to taunt the dog, causing the animal to react and attack him. The dog's owner rushed to the man's aid.

“The owner went up to the dog from behind and strangled the dog. He choked his own dog to death,” said Wilton.

Wilton said the victim was in critical condition when advanced life support paramedics arrived and they got him stabilized by the time they arrived at the Ottawa Hospital trauma centre. He was reported in stable condition this morning.

Police say no charges are anticipated.

In an ironic final twist to the story, the dog's owner was subsequently arrested on an outstanding, but unrelated, warrant.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Man strangles own Dog

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:23 am

man, that title made me think he was a bad dude... but nope... the article went the other way
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby jayday » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:28 am

Taunting a 125 pound ball of muscle? Smart guy.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:28 am

Witnesses told police the victim had been drinking and began to taunt the dog, causing the animal to react and attack him. The dog's owner rushed to the man's aid.

Seems like the victim was the dog, not this doofus. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

knapplc wrote:

Seems like the victim was the dog, not this doofus. :-t

i must have skimmed over that somehow... what an idiot...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 am

Poor dog. :,-(

i feel bad for the owner as well, that must have been awful to feel his dogs life leave its body. :,-( :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am

Metroid wrote:Poor dog. :,-(

i feel bad for the owner as well, that must have been awful to feel his dogs life leave its body. :,-( :-t

Yea i cant imagine that, but you have to believe that in that case a human life was more important than his dogs. Even though the drunk idiot brought it upon himself! :-t

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Poor dog. :,-(

Yea i cant imagine that, but you have to believe that in that case a human life was more important than his dogs. Even though the drunk idiot brought it upon himself! :-t

That's the sad thing about this story, the drunk caused the death of the dog :-t
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:Yea i cant imagine that, but you have to believe that in that case a human life was more important than his dogs.

I'm going to take a pass on this one because from what I can see the human in question had a life of questionable value...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:32 pm

I would've tried to stop the dog, but if I'm the owner I'm protecting the victim's life first. In this case, the victim was the dog, as the drunk !@#$ was taunting it. There's something to be said for Darwinism, and should someone specifically try to aggravate an animal that can tear them to shreds, they deserve what they get from that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk