Man strangles own Dog - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man strangles own Dog

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man strangles own Dog

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:21 am

maddog60 wrote:I would've tried to stop the dog, but if I'm the owner I'm protecting the victim's life first. In this case, the victim was the dog, as the drunk !@#$ was taunting it. There's something to be said for Darwinism, and should someone specifically try to aggravate an animal that can tear them to shreds, they deserve what they get from that.

It's law, poetic justice, outright justice, whatever you want to call it. You mess with the bull, etc., etc. I don't think too many people deserve to be torn apart by a rott, but this guy was certainly asking for it. Same thing with what they do to those bulls in Spain. No feelings of remorse for those idiots who throw burning spears and whatever else at these beasts. If they get caught, oh well. Shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Poor pooch. :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Karoz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm

I get chills when I read the details of the attack. I enjoy being around dogs and such, but I've had a few bad experiences with them.

In this case, the man was apparently taunting the dog, which subsequently led to the attack. The dog deserves a lot of sympathy here, as well as his owner. It would be an extremely unpleasant experience having to strangle your own dog, to say the least. With that being said, I would do it in a heartbeat to save a human life, no matter how despicable the human in question might be. Dogs are wonderful creatures, and their lives should never be considered invaluable. However, if there is ever a choice between a dog's life and a human's life, then the latter should always be chosen.

I'm sure PETA will have a field day with this one...
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Not that I am blaming the owner of the dog, but I have been wondering.....did he just sit there and allow the drunk idiot to tease the dog or was he inside or not around them when it happened. :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:Not that I am blaming the owner of the dog, but I have been wondering.....did he just sit there and allow the drunk idiot to tease the dog or was he inside or not around them when it happened. :-?

I would assume that the owner was inside the house while the victim was outside with the dog. Otherwise, I agree, it would be extremely ignorant to allow a drunk man to taunt an obviously uncomfortable dog.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:26 pm

Sounds like some blame to spread all around here. Stupid drunk was an idiot to provoke the dog. Also though I gotta wonder about the owner - a Rotty is very intelligent and easily trainable dog, a dog that is this is this big and this powerful, must, absolutely must be properly trained - the owner should have been able to control the dog with verbal commands or a quick tug on the collar to get it to cease an attack. I've trained lots of German Shepherds (also easy to train) and Alaskan Malamutes (not easy to train), and I've always trained them to cease fighting on my command, usually with a verbal command, but always at least with a physical correction. This is what can happen when big, powerful dogs are not properly trained, especially if they are allowed or encouraged to have a mean streak (don't know if that was the case here, but a lot of people get big powerful dogs and think it's cool for them to have a nasty temperament).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:53 pm

How did you miss this story stomper? ;-)

Seriously, what kind of idiot taunts a 125-pound dog? Even someone who's drunk should know better than that. What really got to me was that this story portrayed the dog as some savage animal.

A vicious attack by a large Rottweiler Wednesday night has left a 51-year-old Ottawa man with severe injuries to his arms and substantial blood loss.

The ferocious bites from the seven-year-old, 125-lb., dog ripped open the victim’s left bicep, his right shoulder and “shredded” his right arm from the elbow down, said Wilton and police.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but from the sounds of things, it wasn't the dog's fault, and the dog was just responding to instinct, not randomly attacking innocent people. :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:16 am

steelerfan513 wrote:How did you miss this story stomper? ;-)

Seriously, what kind of idiot taunts a 125-pound dog? Even someone who's drunk should know better than that. What really got to me was that this story portrayed the dog as some savage animal.

A vicious attack by a large Rottweiler Wednesday night has left a 51-year-old Ottawa man with severe injuries to his arms and substantial blood loss.

The ferocious bites from the seven-year-old, 125-lb., dog ripped open the victim’s left bicep, his right shoulder and “shredded” his right arm from the elbow down, said Wilton and police.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but from the sounds of things, it wasn't the dog's fault, and the dog was just responding to instinct, not randomly attacking innocent people. :-t

We all agree that its not the dogs fault.....but Im just trying to determine who is dumber, the guy that taunted the dog or the owner. :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:54 am

steelerfan513 wrote:How did you miss this story stomper? ;-)

True, it wasn't the dogs fault, but the owner should have been able to stop the dog. You shouldn't have to kill your dog to control it!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to General Talk