Expansion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Expansion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Expansion

Postby Mike Ocherts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 pm

I'm in a 12 person Keeper/Dynasty hybrid league & we are thinking of allowing two more members in.
Our commish assumed when he set up the league that 12 was enough & neglected to write any rules regarding expansion into the bylaws. Any & all suggestions would be helpful....

Brief rules:
Start each week (9): QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DST, RB/WR, WR/TE, WR/TE
Total roster (20): 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DST, 7 Any
"Keepers" (10+): QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DST, 4 Any.....+ "Rookie Keepers"
Rookie Keepers: Any player in their first 2 years in the league qualifies. The first RK takes the place of your 3rd round pick in the redraft. Your 2nd RK = your 2nd pick & 3rd RK = 1st round.

Topics of discussion include: A "buy in" fee, a expansion draft (from "kept" players) & a "top heavy" draft for the newbies (ex. 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). As I said before any & all suggestions would be helpful....
"The devil is easy to identify. He appears when you're terribly tired and makes a very reasonable request which you know you shouldn't grant." - F. LaGuardia
Mike Ocherts
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Expansion

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Here is a previous discussion

I do something similar to what is suggested there. Protect 1/2 of you normal keepers, and have an expansion draft where teh 2 new owners pick 6-8 players with no team losing more than 2 players.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner