Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:51 pm

OCEAN CITY, New Jersey (AP) -- Miss New Jersey can keep her crown despite photos that show her acting "not in a ladylike manner."
Miss New Jersey Amy Polumbo blew kisses to audience members during the announcement.

Hours after a nervous Amy Polumbo went public Thursday with photos of herself that had been sent anonymously to pageant officials, those officials decided the pictures did not merit stripping her of the title.

"I'm very happy about this decision, and I look forward to resuming my agenda as Miss New Jersey," said a smiling Polumbo, who blew kisses to audience members during the announcement.

The beauty pageant winner apologized for the trouble the pictures had caused and thanked the pageant board for its support.

"I want to thank the public," Polumbo said. "I also want to thank God for getting me through this."

The pictures include one showing what Polumbo said was her boyfriend apparently biting her breast through her shirt, another of Polumbo in a limousine wearing jeans with her legs spread in the air and another of her in what appears to be a Halloween costume dress holding two small pumpkins up to her breasts.

"It's not in a ladylike manner. I'm not a robot. I'm a human being," Polumbo said.

There were also photos of Polumbo drinking, but the 22-year-old college student said she was of legal age when they were taken.

Polumbo earlier said she didn't think the pictures should lead to the loss of her crown but said other people might interpret them differently.

"What I think is OK, someone else's eyebrows could be raised," she said.

Polumbo's lawyer, Anthony Caruso, said that a person or persons claiming to be The Committee to Save Miss America threatened to make the photos public unless she resigned her title.

Polumbo will represent the Garden State in the next Miss America pageant, which has yet to be scheduled.

The photos were taken from Polumbo's former Facebook Web page, which has since been taken offline.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm

I saw the one of her in the limo with her legs in the air. Its so lame, shes 22 and just having fun. These people are waaay too up tight. She doesent look so hot in that pic either.... O:-)

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 pm

Nothing wrong with either pic. IMO.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moonhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:01 pm

hey, she's from jersey. what's wrongs with yous guys? they ain't gots no proper lady types up there.

p.s. i'd do her.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:42 pm

For Pete's sake, if you're gonna blackmail a miss America contestant you're supposed to have pictures that could actually get her in trouble. What a bunch of dopes those blackmailers were. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:35 pm

The Lung wrote:For Pete's sake, if you're gonna blackmail a miss America contestant you're supposed to have pictures that could actually get her in trouble. What a bunch of dopes those blackmailers were. :-t

Ain't that the truth. Morons. :-B
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:30 pm

SeaWolf wrote:Image

I think that's about as lady-like as it gets in New Jersey...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Image

I think that's about as lady-like as it gets in New Jersey...

I don't know about you guys, but that's usually the way I like my ladies... :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Karoz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:28 pm

The Lung wrote:For Pete's sake, if you're gonna blackmail a miss America contestant you're supposed to have pictures that could actually get her in trouble. What a bunch of dopes those blackmailers were. :-t

Yep, I agree with you there.

Unfortunately, everything is blown out of proportion these days. The publicity that these criminals will get is only going to encourage similar activity amongst others. We'll all turn on the news one day and see these fools being interviewed by Larry King.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:06 am

I'm going to go the other way. From the outside, we may think it's ridiculous, but we don't expect the things out of her that her title does. The title she holds carries certain standards and if they feel those standards aren't being met than they have every right to strip her of that title.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk