Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Miss NJ Blackmailers Foiled

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:57 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm going to go the other way. From the outside, we may think it's ridiculous, but we don't expect the things out of her that her title does. The title she holds carries certain standards and if they feel those standards aren't being met than they have every right to strip her of that title.

The thing is though, if you just go by whatever those standards may be, if she is stripped of her title for this, the winner will end up being some boring person that no one really wants to spend time with since she can't really go out and have fun.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:05 am

What a huge disappointment. When this story broke, I was thinking about the enormous potential of these pictures. Thanks for the major let down, Miss New Jersey.

There's absolutely no reason this story should be on the news anymore. The pictures aren't scandalous enough and the chick is intolerable (saying of her boyfriend, the boob-biter, "He's being silly and immature but he's also very intelligent."). Time for everyone to remember that beauty pageants only hold relevance to pedophiles.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:52 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm going to go the other way. From the outside, we may think it's ridiculous, but we don't expect the things out of her that her title does. The title she holds carries certain standards and if they feel those standards aren't being met than they have every right to strip her of that title.

The thing is though, if you just go by whatever those standards may be, if she is stripped of her title for this, the winner will end up being some boring person that no one really wants to spend time with since she can't really go out and have fun.

So for the sake of having someone less boring and more willing to go out and 'have fun' we throw out the standards of the contest? Where's the line drawn? And is it drawn by a bunch of internet message board guys or those in charge of the pageant? Why don't we just give the title to one of the Girls Gone Wild chicks who show their junk to get a damn t-shirt? Give her the crown. Who cares what image the pageant has anymore anyway.

;-7
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

So for the sake of having someone less boring and more willing to go out and 'have fun' we throw out the standards of the contest? Where's the line drawn? And is it drawn by a bunch of internet message board guys or those in charge of the pageant? Why don't we just give the title to one of the Girls Gone Wild chicks who show their junk to get a damn t-shirt? Give her the crown. Who cares what image the pageant has anymore anyway.

;-7

I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny or if you simply missed my point completely. What I was trying to say was that people are going to stop aspiring to be in these competitions because they know the second they even take a sip of alcohol, even if it is at the legal age and completely legal, they will be scrutinized for it. Also, I don't think there are standards that say she can't do any of these things, at least not written in the rules or anything of that sort. Where do you draw the line is exactly what I'm saying. What can they do and what can they not do? Why don't you tell me exactly the standards you want. In fact, why don't you just crown the winner next year? That sounds ilke a plan to me. Image is one thing, but spreading your legs with a picture that probably shouldn't have been seen by anyone who wasn't supposed to see it WHILE WEARING JEANS is not at all a bad image thing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:59 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny or if you simply missed my point completely. What I was trying to say was that people are going to stop aspiring to be in these competitions because they know the second they even take a sip of alcohol, even if it is at the legal age and completely legal, they will be scrutinized for it. Also, I don't think there are standards that say she can't do any of these things, at least not written in the rules or anything of that sort. Where do you draw the line is exactly what I'm saying. What can they do and what can they not do? Why don't you tell me exactly the standards you want. In fact, why don't you just crown the winner next year? That sounds ilke a plan to me. Image is one thing, but spreading your legs with a picture that probably shouldn't have been seen by anyone who wasn't supposed to see it WHILE WEARING JEANS is not at all a bad image thing.

There is no reason for someone who has been given a prestigious title such as Miss (Insert State) can't show some discretion. Taking a 'sip of alcohol' when you're of legal age will not get you scrutinized. Being provocative/suggestive and groped in public will. The Miss America pageant is supposed to be a display of class, not just some eye candy. Look at the pictures again and tell me you see class. She's just being another college chick and the title is not supposed to go to just another college chick.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:26 pm

honestly, does anyone really care?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:42 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny or if you simply missed my point completely. What I was trying to say was that people are going to stop aspiring to be in these competitions because they know the second they even take a sip of alcohol, even if it is at the legal age and completely legal, they will be scrutinized for it. Also, I don't think there are standards that say she can't do any of these things, at least not written in the rules or anything of that sort. Where do you draw the line is exactly what I'm saying. What can they do and what can they not do? Why don't you tell me exactly the standards you want. In fact, why don't you just crown the winner next year? That sounds ilke a plan to me. Image is one thing, but spreading your legs with a picture that probably shouldn't have been seen by anyone who wasn't supposed to see it WHILE WEARING JEANS is not at all a bad image thing.

There is no reason for someone who has been given a prestigious title such as Miss (Insert State) can't show some discretion. Taking a 'sip of alcohol' when you're of legal age will not get you scrutinized. Being provocative/suggestive and groped in public will. The Miss America pageant is supposed to be a display of class, not just some eye candy. Look at the pictures again and tell me you see class. She's just being another college chick and the title is not supposed to go to just another college chick.

She did show some bad taste in what she did? Yes. Should her crown be taken away? No.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:18 am

SeaWolf wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

She did show some bad taste in what she did? Yes. Should her crown be taken away? No.

According to the article she didn't. I trust they made the right decision and know where that line is. They set the standards. Hopefully she will practice more descretion the next time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk