Yahoo article about Wide Receivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo article about Wide Receivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo article about Wide Receivers

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Author Brad Evans makes some very valid points about WRs drafted rounds later averaging a miniscule 2.5 points-per-game shy of the top WRs.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=be-posprimer07-wr&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/nfl
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo article about Wide Receivers

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm

Hiring guys away from TalentedMrRoto was a good move for Yahoo. :-b

Another good article. Thanks, Lung! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crippler » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:43 pm

His opinions arent bad, but I cant stand reading more than 5 minutes worth of his columns. Does he seriously have to make a stupid little quip or pop-culture reference in every single paragraph? He is the definition of annoying.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby BigNoise » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Crippler wrote:His opinions arent bad, but I cant stand reading more than 5 minutes worth of his columns. Does he seriously have to make a stupid little quip or pop-culture reference in every single paragraph? He is the definition of annoying.

Hey Crippler, I respect your opinion. I'm sure there are tons of other Y! readers who echo your thoughts.

Whether you love it or hate it, this has always been my style. In order to differentiate from the same mundane material that hundreds of other sites analyze I try to put a fresh, energetic, entertaining and unique spin on fantasy football. Honestly, doing it this way keeps it exciting for me.

If you have difficulty stomaching the abundance of pop culture references, by all means, skip over them and peruse the analysis. Hopefully, that part of my work speaks for itself.

Oh, and it's ALMOST every paragraph. :-)

Oompah Loompah (Maurice Jones-Drew) or bust.
BigNoise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Welcome to the Cafe! :-)

I liked the article, but I wanted to ask - did you look at years past for your stats or just last year? Because it seems to me (without doing any research on this) that 2006 was an unusual year for WR in that there was not this huge disparity, and more than one guy came out of the pack to challenge the "top tier" guys for overall points. My recollection is that usually you can count on one or two guys coming out of the pack, not several. Kevin Curtis a couple of years ago and Brandon Stokley a year before that are the two that most easily come to mind.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:28 pm

BigNoise wrote:If you have difficulty stomaching the abundance of pop culture references, by all means, skip over them and peruse the analysis. Hopefully, that part of my work speaks for itself.

Thats exactly what I did.... ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pigskinnhorsehide » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:01 pm

I like Night Ranger :-D

Good article and something to think about when a receiver run starts in my next draft
PigskinNHorsehide

If football isn't a religion, then why is it played on Sunday?
pigskinnhorsehide
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Wow, Brad "Bringin' the Noise" Evans is now a Cafe member! How cool. B-)

I read A LOT of fantasy football articles on many different websites, and let me tell you that it's dry, mundane reading. Humor is often tough to accomplish in fantasy football, and I really appreciate when the Fanball and Yahoo! guys are able to work funny quips or pop-culture references into the mix. Christopher Harris' lamentations about John Cougar Mellencamp's patriotic menace last fall had me in stitches. Brad, your analysis speaks for itself and keep being true to your writing style. There are many, many people out there who truly appreciate it. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:10 pm

The Lung wrote:Wow, Brad "Bringin' the Noise" Evans is now a Cafe member! How cool. B-)

I read A LOT of fantasy football articles on many different websites, and let me tell you that it's dry, mundane reading. Humor is often tough to accomplish in fantasy football, and I really appreciate when the Fanball and Yahoo! guys are able to work funny quips or pop-culture references into the mix. Christopher Harris' lamentations about John Cougar Mellencamp's patriotic menace last fall had me in stitches. Brad, your analysis speaks for itself and keep being true to your writing style. There are many, many people out there who truly appreciate it. ;-D

Yep. Count me among that group. Analysis is great. Funny analysis is even better (as long as it's accurate). ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:19 pm

BigNoise wrote:
Crippler wrote:His opinions arent bad, but I cant stand reading more than 5 minutes worth of his columns. Does he seriously have to make a stupid little quip or pop-culture reference in every single paragraph? He is the definition of annoying.

Hey Crippler, I respect your opinion. I'm sure there are tons of other Y! readers who echo your thoughts.

Whether you love it or hate it, this has always been my style. In order to differentiate from the same mundane material that hundreds of other sites analyze I try to put a fresh, energetic, entertaining and unique spin on fantasy football. Honestly, doing it this way keeps it exciting for me.

If you have difficulty stomaching the abundance of pop culture references, by all means, skip over them and peruse the analysis. Hopefully, that part of my work speaks for itself.

Oh, and it's ALMOST every paragraph. :-)

Oompah Loompah (Maurice Jones-Drew) or bust.

Thats funny - and here I thought that I too could talk smack in the cafe about journalists, players and coaches without any fear of repercussion.

I just hope that Ron Dayne never reads my posts, cause there may be one or two things I had written that he takes offense too (though I am pretty sure the turkey leg permanently stuck in his mouth obscures his reading vision).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk