Avoiding Fantasy Failure - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Avoiding Fantasy Failure

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Avoiding Fantasy Failure

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Azrael wrote:I think it is safe to say when someone makes a statement about "not drafting Manning or any QB early" for that matter it pertains to a 1 QB start league. When these articles are written, this is the idea in mind. 90+% of leagues start 1 QB. Same thing can be said when someone makes the statement "if healthy, so and so will do this" "If healthy" is a moot point. That goes for everyone.

I agree with you here Az, but I had to criticize this article because right after they talk about not drafting a QB early, they then go over making sure to know your league requirements. Essentially, their rule 2 and rule 3 can be contradictory depending on rule 3. Under normal circumstances, a statement of "don't take a QB early" should be understood as being said in reference to "traditional" leagues.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Avoiding Fantasy Failure

Postby Niner Country » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm

smackthefirst wrote:
Azrael wrote:I think it is safe to say when someone makes a statement about "not drafting Manning or any QB early" for that matter it pertains to a 1 QB start league. When these articles are written, this is the idea in mind. 90+% of leagues start 1 QB. Same thing can be said when someone makes the statement "if healthy, so and so will do this" "If healthy" is a moot point. That goes for everyone.

I agree with you here Az, but I had to criticize this article because right after they talk about not drafting a QB early, they then go over making sure to know your league requirements. Essentially, their rule 2 and rule 3 can be contradictory depending on rule 3. Under normal circumstances, a statement of "don't take a QB early" should be understood as being said in reference to "traditional" leagues.

I know it's like 2 weeks later but reading over this there are a couple of small points I'd like to state. To reiterate what Az said, I've read quite a few expert articles and all of them have been from talking about standard settings ie. 1 QB, 2 RB and 3 WR. And hardly any of them mention the settings in the article because they expect you to assume this. Second I don't think point 2 contradicts point 3 as many guys have said. Just because he says QB's have slightly more value in 6 point vs a 4 point TD league doesn't mean he's going against the fact that he thinks drafting a QB early is stupid. He's just pointing out that there should be more value given to them when there points per TD is higher which you should know already. But I do agree that he didn't give enough explanation as to why QB's shouldn't be drafted early. I would like to know more of his thinking on that one.
Niner Country
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Football Talk