Who would u draft at 7th? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Who would u draft at 7th?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who would u draft at 7th?

Postby bleedBBQsauce » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 pm

i am in a 12 man keeper league. we will have the option to save one player each season for three years. i know everyone well so the draft will go, LT LJ SJAX ALEX GORE ADDAI
bleedBBQsauce
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who would u draft at 7th?

Postby AssaultandPeppers » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Parker or Westbrook have been going there most. Some snag Manning early.
AssaultandPeppers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Yea, I'd look to grab Parker there. He's young, doesn't have much wear, has proven he can carry an NFL load without breaking down at all (zero injuries to date), proved to be a surprisingly good goal line back, and is on a run first team (yes, they are still run first despite moving more to the spread formation). I think he's the best bet there.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:54 am

mattb47 wrote:Yea, I'd look to grab Parker there. He's young, doesn't have much wear, has proven he can carry an NFL load without breaking down at all (zero injuries to date), proved to be a surprisingly good goal line back, and is on a run first team (yes, they are still run first despite moving more to the spread formation). I think he's the best bet there.

I agree with matt here. Parker has proven he can carry the load and is a skilled back. Pick him at 7 for sure!
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The_Captain » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:04 pm

I don't think you could go wrong with either Westbrook, Addai or Parker. Good and bad cases can be made for either of them, but all play on high scoring offenses and if this league of yours is PPR, would be great picks at your spot.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Parker would be my only choice in a non PPR league and I would be happy to get him at 7.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:06 pm

I would say Parker at that spot.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby doublej73 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Gotta go with Parker in a non PPR and even strongly consider him there in a PPR league. While 2006 is probably his high end for yards and TD's, he has improved in receiving each year. 3, 18, and 31 receptions the last 3 years. While they are not LT numbers they aren't Jamal Lewis/Rudi Johnson receiving numbers either. I'm a little partial to Parker since he helped me win a championship and a 2nd place finish last year, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Still, he caught 3 TD passes last year, and if you remember the TD he had against Denver, which they showed on an in game replay, it was amazing. Big Ben scrambled around forever, and Parker went down the right sideline, then worked his way across the field and finally made a leaping catch in the endzone. It was a great catch for a WR, much less for a running back! I would expect Parker to catch even more passes this year, possibly evolving into "Diet LT" or "LT lite."
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Beginner's Forum