New girl to FF here, need some help PLEASE... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New girl to FF here, need some help PLEASE...

Moderator: Football Moderators

New girl to FF here, need some help PLEASE...

Postby DaChiefs12 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:10 pm

I'm in an online league, salary cap style....everyone is saying RB are most important position, is this true? Should i focus most of my money to RB's...I think it's a 300 unit or dollar cap, so how much of that should I put in my 2 RB's each week?
DaChiefs12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New girl to FF here, need some help PLEASE...

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Welcome to the cafe ;-D

There is some very good advise here

As for actual cap amounts, you can generally spend 40-55% of you rcap on your top 2-3 players
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby bleedBBQsauce » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:02 pm

i try to spent 50% on a couple of gimmies like your LTs and Mannings then pick out some cheap sleepers with high risk/reward and plug and play all of your backups corespording to weekly matchups
bleedBBQsauce
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby m16a » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Welcome to the cafe! Yes it is true that RBs are the most important part of your team. A stud RB can do wonders. Dream's link includes tons of helpful information. Pretty much everything you need to know is there. Also, feel free and open to using all of the resources here at the cafe(forums, PMing people, rankins, and articles) I am only in my second year of FF and it has helped me immensely. I guarantee it will with you also. Enjoy fantasy football and the cafe.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby latraffic » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Cool, we need more GIRL POWER in the cafe. I do my best to hold my own, but still, it never hurts to have backup around all these fellas. :-) Glad you found the site.

It's true, statistically, RBs do tend to make or break you in fantasy football HOWEVER if you want to enjoy the game as well, you can spend a little of the cap money on players you really like. Consider putting your money into a top five RB, a top ten QB, a second top ten RB, and a top ten WR. The other positions are important but not nearly as much. Don't over spend at the TE or K positions. Everything else you need to know is here at the site. All the regulars are very cool so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck with your season.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:16 am

Pretty much personal preference as to which strategy you want to go with, since there really isn't one you can pinpoint as the best.

One is to try to grab a big name player early (LT, LJ, SJAX, etc.), and another top 15 player soon after (could be another RB, or could be a QB or WR). These players would be followed up by a bunch of solid players, but not many in the 20-40 range. Your team would be complete at the end with some $1 or $2 sleepers. I prefer this strategy, however that's purely because I feel I am better at executing it than some others.

Another strategy is to grab a player ranked around 15 or so, and then a ton of players in that 20-40 range, and once again, your team would be complete with a bunch of sleepers as I mentioned before.

Really it's about figuring out your preference, as either of these can lead to good teams.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chooch » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm

Yes! RB's are that important. One thing you want to avoid is the RBBC Running back by commitie. It is okay to spend $ on a top teir RB. You need to also try to find a value pick. A RB whose cap $ is low because he has under preformed or hasnt boken out yet. Players like Ronnie Brown in Miami Bandon Jacobs(NYG) seriously look at Marshawn Lynch from Buffalo. If you can get him as your 3rd or 4th RB youll be happy with him and he should not cost that much.
Chooch
ATFFL Champions 2001,2002
NFFL Champions 1999,2001,2005,2008
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
-Ben Franklin
chooch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum