2006 Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Double D Dynasty

2006 Season

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Wenchtamer, Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:56 pm

Voted for leaving them benched. Since wk 1 already passed and the team that played him essentially received a bye, I think that everyone else should get that bye.

After everyone has received their bye. perhaps then set the lineup.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:13 pm

Is this still a Dynasty league? I don't want to leave a dynasty team unowned all year.

Did he not respond to your PM? I just checked his posts, and he was on a little Wed. Maybe someone could try emailing the yahoo address in his profile?

Can we put a classified up? Can we contact cafe regulars and beg them to take over?

Wk1 isn't an issue cause he would have lost no matter what. If we can just fix it by Sunday, that would be awesome and hopefully not too hard.

Also, some teams will play his team twice, so a bye week isn't really fair either.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eastcoaster » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:06 pm

Yes, still a dynasty.

No, he did not respond to my PM. I also sent an email to his yahoo email address. No response.

Classified: sure, if someone would take over at this point. As far as cafe regulars, if anyone knows of someone (and knows how to replace an owner on yahoo - should be some way to do that), please contact them! I have used all of the resources I know of on the cafe as far as taking over teams.

And that's true about the bye weeks.....hadn't thought of the aspect that some would play him twice.

thriftyrocker wrote:Is this still a Dynasty league? I don't want to leave a dynasty team unowned all year.

Did he not respond to your PM? I just checked his posts, and he was on a little Wed. Maybe someone could try emailing the yahoo address in his profile?

Can we put a classified up? Can we contact cafe regulars and beg them to take over?

Wk1 isn't an issue cause he would have lost no matter what. If we can just fix it by Sunday, that would be awesome and hopefully not too hard.

Also, some teams will play his team twice, so a bye week isn't really fair either.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 am

eastcoaster wrote:Yes, still a dynasty.

No, he did not respond to my PM. I also sent an email to his yahoo email address. No response.

Classified: sure, if someone would take over at this point. As far as cafe regulars, if anyone knows of someone (and knows how to replace an owner on yahoo - should be some way to do that), please contact them! I have used all of the resources I know of on the cafe as far as taking over teams.

And that's true about the bye weeks.....hadn't thought of the aspect that some would play him twice.

thriftyrocker wrote:Is this still a Dynasty league? I don't want to leave a dynasty team unowned all year.

unfortunately, once the season starts, there's no way to delete owners. i dont think there's any way to replace him.

ive talked to him on AIM a little bit, but i didnt know what to make out of it. i would try talking to him there eastcoaster; i think he would listen to the commish much more than a regular member of the league.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eastcoaster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:11 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
eastcoaster wrote:Yes, still a dynasty.

unfortunately, once the season starts, there's no way to delete owners. i dont think there's any way to replace him.

ive talked to him on AIM a little bit, but i didnt know what to make out of it. i would try talking to him there eastcoaster; i think he would listen to the commish much more than a regular member of the league.

I'll give it a try.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Second time around, set his lineup.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:18 am

RocketsDWM wrote:

Second time around, set his lineup.

I think to set it for this 2nd week would be unfair, unless I go back and set it for week one as well. I haven't done the math, but thriftyrocker said it wouldn't change the outcome of last week anyhow.

I have checked in Yahoo, and it looks like I can go back and change his lineup (even for week one).

I haven't been able to contact him - haven't seen him on AIM. I could try to put up a classified, but we really don't have very many votes yet, and really - I'm not sure if we'd have any success at this point.

If I just set his lineup according to the rounds he took them in (except for the inactives), would that be perhaps the most fair? We could count it as a dead team, but wouldn't have the unfairness of a bye week for some, but then other teams playing him without a bye later in the season.

I agree it's bad to leave a team - dynasty or otherwise - without an owner for the whole season, but is it really worse in a dynasty? No one knows how players will pan out during the season, and he already has some great players.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:09 pm

Here's my idea:

weeks 1-11 (1 matchup with each other owner) his lineup will remain empty so everyone gets one free win.

weeks 12-16: his lineup will be set, according to this priority:

1) First player drafted at each position until requirements are filled.
2) If any of those players are injured, the next one at that position drafted will replace them.
3) If a position cannot be filled due to injuries, it is forfeited. There will be no waiver transactions to fill the roster.

Of course, this means in all likelihood fantasyman's team will have the #1 overall pick in next year's rookie draft, but honestly, I think that makes things fair for a new owner who will be taking a team that was essentially dead this past year and won't have had the ability to trade or pickup any players.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:Here's my idea:

weeks 1-11 (1 matchup with each other owner) his lineup will remain empty so everyone gets one free win.

2) If any of those players are injured, the next one at that position drafted will replace them.
3) If a position cannot be filled due to injuries, it is forfeited. There will be no waiver transactions to fill the roster.

Of course, this means in all likelihood fantasyman's team will have the #1 overall pick in next year's rookie draft, but honestly, I think that makes things fair for a new owner who will be taking a team that was essentially dead this past year and won't have had the ability to trade or pickup any players.

Exactly. This is the best approach.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:02 pm

maddog60 wrote:Here's my idea:

this is a very good idea ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Double D Dynasty