teammates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

teammates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: teammates?

Postby 011472 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks for the input. I like Cincinnati's schedule, especially the playoffs, so I may try to pursue the trade for Rudi, but probably forget about the Arizona plan.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:42 pm

jayday wrote:In fact Plindsey (a moderator here at the Cafe) won an expert league using this same strategy of Bulger and Jackson...

True enough... Took out the "experts" from Rotoworld, FF Toolbox, Fatasy Sharks, Football Guys, and many others...

If at all possible I TRY to nail down the QB/RB combo...

Think of it like this:

Even an average NFL offense is typically going to put up 300 yards of offense and 3 TD's per game... Usually that split is going to be something like 200 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, 2 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD... That equals somewhere in the neighborhood of 34 fantasy points split between your QB/RB combo almost every week... Sometimes all the TD's will be passing, and sometimes most of those points will come from the ground attack, but you're usually talking about 30-40 FFP per game between the two positions... If the offense gets up big, then the RB will benefit from the garbage yards... If the offense is trailing, then the QB will benefit... Consider it an insurance policy... It's very rare for BOTH guys to bust...

And if you can find the RIGHT combo - for example Jackson/Bulger (or old-school Manning/Edge), you can EASILY average more along the lines of 450 yards of offense and 4 TD's per game between the two of them...

You can't find fault with that....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:32 pm

i think the 21 points prediction might be a bit high without looking at the stats, but I think plindsey is right here. If one of the goals in this game is finding consistency, I can't help but think slotting in 40 points or so out of a QB/RB combo is nothing to sneeze at. the more I think about it, the qb/wr combo seems like the best, because you really score on a connection, if the passing game gets stymied, you are screwed. but if you have a bulger/sjax combo, or (sorry, homer alert) donovan/westbrook combo are some of the best around. if there is a lead, the team will run, giving you points, but if there is a lead, then the rbs don't necessarily get pulled. the worst are the qb/wr#2, and the qb/power runner.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moose162 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 pm

I won last year with Bulger & Jackson and 2 years ago with Palmer & Chad Johnson.

I don't care about QB and WR combos but sometimes I worry that you limit your ceiling with any other combination. But for the most part I don't pay too much attention to it. One situation did worry me in a recent mock draft I had. In the first four rounds I was able to get Travis Henry, Rudi, TJ Houshmazode, and Javon Walker. I think that's a damn fine team but I wasn't too happy.
moose162
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:29 pm

It sucks when bye week comes along but it can work. I sometimes tend it to let me sway and pick somebody else but if it happens, it happens. Who knows, you could also trade.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Only real concern is if the Ravens D is shutting everyone down this year since ya have to face them twice with that pair.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:37 pm

I'm going into a league this year with the Palmer/Rudi combo. Didn't plan to draft both but it just fell out that way and I barely gave it much thought, really. The only combo I'd actively avoid would be the WR1/WR2 combo, but I would consider it if I had the opportunity to draft both wideouts from either the Colts or the Bengals.

The real weirdos are the ones that take 3 or more players from the same team. I've seen it a couple times too, and they just punt the week that team is on bye.
:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:58 pm

The only combo I will absolutely avoid is WR1/WR2. Other than that, I just go by who I think is the best pick.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CPD » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:03 pm

I personally try to avoid the QB/Rb Wr/WR teamate combo..

However i have also had both Mcnab and West before ..with good results..
In general though I try to aviod it..if ur teamates run into a hot D..it could be a long week
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk