New type of league... I have a vision, Developemental Keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New type of league... I have a vision, Developemental Keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: New type of league... I have a vision, Developemental Keeper

Postby uscgmark » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:51 am

Coolest1 wrote:The keeper points is an interesting idea. However, I like the idea of starting with say 5 as you suggest and then gaining points each year to spend. Say you decide an extra 5 every year. So year 2 you'd have 10 pts to spend on all your keepers. Year 3, 15 pts. If this is not enough (possible, since you want to increase # of keepers each year), you could increase the total additional pts each year, say 6 extra in year 2 (11 total) and 7 in year 3 (18 total).

Still, by far a very interesting idea. I'd definitely would want to hear more about how it goes.

I think your missing the point that each player is kept at no penalty the following year. Once the cost is payed one year, you own them. They will take the 25th slot on your roster until you dump them.

You could make a team pay a keeper cost every year and increase the points, but I think this would promote people changing thier keepers more often. In the end I want this to turn into a dynasty league, ie keep most of your players for their careers.

As for the Stephen Jackson thing, its a fluke... and uncountrolable variable. There will always be hot players entering their prime, but would you rather have SJax and Dwayne Jarrett. Or RBush, MJD, and CJ2..... I think Id rather have the second team.
1QB-Anderson, Kitna
2RB-M Turner, T Jones, K Watson, R Mendenhall, M Morris, L Betts, B Jackson
3WR-R Moss, R Wayne, M Colston, DJ Hatchett, J Porter
1TE-Shockey
1K-Bironas
1D-Minn
uscgmark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New type of league... I have a vision, Developemental Keeper

Postby uscgmark » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Any other suggestions from the peanut gallery.........
1QB-Anderson, Kitna
2RB-M Turner, T Jones, K Watson, R Mendenhall, M Morris, L Betts, B Jackson
3WR-R Moss, R Wayne, M Colston, DJ Hatchett, J Porter
1TE-Shockey
1K-Bironas
1D-Minn
uscgmark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner