Rock Band - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Rock Band

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rock Band

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:09 pm

Did you guys here about this game??? It's gonna come out in November of this year. It will be like a real band!!! Someone can sing, play the drums, play base, and play the guitar. It look insane!! Here's the wikipedia of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_%28video_game%29
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rock Band

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:16 pm

looks pretty freakin' sweet, I'll probably have to get that if I have the money...uggh, money makes things so difficult. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 pm

Sounds cool, but I dont know if I want any of my friends singing. :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Definitely looks cool. Unfortunately the standard Guitar Hero guitar will not work with it, you'll have to buy another guitar. Additionally, if you want someone to play bass beside you, that's ANOTHER guitar. Then if you want drums, someone will have to buy the drum set. Last but not least, if you want someone to sing, you gotta buy the microphone.

That's the cost of the game, 2 guitars, a drum set and a mic if you want the full band. So I'd say best case scenario you're looking at $250. Of course if your friends aren't bums, they can pitch in and buy their own instruments.

Will defintely be a blast though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagles21 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:14 pm

bagobonez wrote:Definitely looks cool. Unfortunately the standard Guitar Hero guitar will not work with it, you'll have to buy another guitar. Additionally, if you want someone to play bass beside you, that's ANOTHER guitar. Then if you want drums, someone will have to buy the drum set. Last but not least, if you want someone to sing, you gotta buy the microphone.

That's the cost of the game, 2 guitars, a drum set and a mic if you want the full band. So I'd say best case scenario you're looking at $250. Of course if your friends aren't bums, they can pitch in and buy their own instruments.

I'm pretty sure that guitar hero guitars will be compatible with this game. :-?
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:25 pm

eagles21 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Definitely looks cool. Unfortunately the standard Guitar Hero guitar will not work with it, you'll have to buy another guitar. Additionally, if you want someone to play bass beside you, that's ANOTHER guitar. Then if you want drums, someone will have to buy the drum set. Last but not least, if you want someone to sing, you gotta buy the microphone.

Yeah, they are.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
eagles21 wrote:

Yeah, they are.

Really? I could have sworn i read somewhere that they weren't, because the new guitars for the game were modeled after teh Fender Stratocaster or whatever?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagles21 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:22 am

bagobonez wrote:Really? I could have sworn i read somewhere that they weren't, because the new guitars for the game were modeled after teh Fender Stratocaster or whatever?

Yeah, I don't really know how it's gonna work because the new guitar they're making is gonna have I think more buttons for solos or something like that. So, I guess it just doesn't work with the old guitars. Doesn't really matter to me, because I already have 2 guitars, so I'm not buying new ones.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:26 am

I believe it has 5 buttons of the same color further up the neck for solos. Either way it's the same 5 buttons just in a different place, so using a GH controller you use the same 5 for every part of the song. Not a big deal for me.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 pm

I'm going to be the singer with my friends playing the instruments... oh jesus lol
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Video Games