Pre-selecting draft order.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Pre-selecting draft order....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pre-selecting draft order....

Postby brahner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:18 pm

I'm the commish of a 10 team H2H league in Yahoo. I proposed to my league the idea of determining draft order in advance, so that everyone could prepare more appropriately knowing their position in the line. I liked using this site because if not, Yahoo tells us the draft order only 30 minutes prior to drafting. I used the following website:

http://www.net-commish.com/tools/random/index.php

I just did it this morning, and it turns out I received the # 1 pick. I chose the Serpentine draft order, and input all email addresses, as well as asked the league for approval before doing so. I just feel like me being the # 1 pick presents somewhat of a conflict since I input all the data. It sends out an email to everyone simultaneously following my clicking "Generate".

Nobody has complained yet, but I have a feeling their may be people raising an eyebrow or two. I would too probably. I almost feel like I should find a way to randomly select another team to swap my position with, simply so NO presumed conflict exists. Can anyone offer advice, or am I just being super paranoid? Thanks in advance!
brahner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pre-selecting draft order....

Postby brahner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:19 pm

I should probably add that I know everyone in the league also. Some people I don't know as well as others, but we're all friends, which makes it a little more complicated possibly..
brahner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Pre-selecting draft order....

Postby smalls2598 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:43 pm

I'm the commish of my baseball league, and the same thing happened to me.
But everyone knew going into it that it was completely random.

I'm good friends with everyone in the league, but, of course, a few guys gave me some grief about it, but it was all just good natured stuff. After all, everyone had a 10% chance of landing the top pick.

Of course, in a football league, that #1 pick is much more coveted! So have fun with Tomlinson!
smalls2598
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner