Whats up With Larry Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Whats up With Larry Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats up With Larry Johnson?

Postby brian31078 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 pm

I took Larry in my first fantasy football draft thinking he is going to play this season, but I am becoming skeptical after watching and reading reports that he might sit out if he doesn't get a long-term conract. I had him on several of my teams last year and he was great. I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable having him on my team versus Stephen Jackson Or Shaun Alexander. In my drafts coming up should I avoid selecting him or go ahead and draft him in good faith that he will play this season?
brian31078
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Whats up With Larry Johnson?

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:45 pm

brian31078 wrote:I took Larry in my first fantasy football draft thinking he is going to play this season, but I am becoming skeptical after watching and reading reports that he might sit out if he doesn't get a long-term conract. I had him on several of my teams last year and he was great. I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable having him on my team versus Stephen Jackson Or Shaun Alexander. In my drafts coming up should I avoid selecting him or go ahead and draft him in good faith that he will play this season?

Hard to say at this point - I've seen LJ ranked anywhere from #2 to #5, a lot of people are are putting Steven Jackson at #2 this year since he's so valuable in the receiving game too. Some are ranking Alexander and Gore ahead of LJ as well. KC doesn't have a history of letting players sit out so I really think they'll either sign him or deal him with the former being more likely.

For a whole bunch of opinions on LJ:
viewtopic.php?t=328672
&
viewtopic.php?t=329560
&
viewtopic.php?t=328392
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:07 pm

I would easily take sjax over LJ, but I don't think you just stop drafting him because of a contract dispute, he'll make a deal and be huge for fantasy again this year.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bleedBBQsauce » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 pm

he will be a happy chief b 4 seasons start!
bleedBBQsauce
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LocoEjercito » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:15 pm

I don't think you need to worry about LJ sitting out (regular season, anyway). Nobody wants to lose out on money, when you really get down to it. Look at Lance Briggs; after all that drama about the franchise tag he still wound up signing a deal in the end.
LocoEjercito
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mthomas720 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 pm

Personally I would put SJax at #2 over LJ. And I'm just not comfortable with him, since he carried the ball so many times last year. Honestly, I would take Frank Gore over LJ just because there are so many questions surrounding him. But as far as his contract goes, I don't think it will be a problem.
Props to sigmaker for the sig

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kyguy78 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 pm

LJ will be back in KC before the season starts. KC has no offense without him, so they'll pay him unless they want to go in the crapper this season.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Decleater » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Well, as we all know, the Chiefs aren't all that adept to giving those players their "dues". So, in that respect, who's to say they will go out and give LJ his dough? No way they ever meet in the middle somewhere and it will take LJ to swallow his pride long before the Chiefs "show him the money". So, I see a looooong holdout. Along with a depleted line, LJ see's 300 carries for 1,100 yards and 12 TDs....TOPS! Terrible for a 2-3 #1 pick. I aint goin there, and neither should anyone else!
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am

HEY NEWBIE, this post belongs in the injuries and player updates section,, get it right noob.
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:24 am

brian31078 wrote:I took Larry in my first fantasy football draft thinking he is going to play this season, but I am becoming skeptical after watching and reading reports that he might sit out if he doesn't get a long-term conract. I had him on several of my teams last year and he was great. I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable having him on my team versus Stephen Jackson Or Shaun Alexander. In my drafts coming up should I avoid selecting him or go ahead and draft him in good faith that he will play this season?

I reported you
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum