How Young Is Too Young To Run With The Bulls? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How Young Is Too Young To Run With The Bulls?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Young Is Too Young To Run With The Bulls?

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:16 am

I'm thinking ten years old is a smidge too young for this kind of thing... and so did the judge:

Judge punishes dad who took son bull running

MADRID (Reuters) - A Spanish man who took his 10-year-old son bull running during the annual Pamplona festival last week has had his visitation rights to the boy taken away by a judge.

The youngster's mother complained to police after seeing a newspaper photograph of her ex-husband leading their son by the arm just a few feet in front of the bulls, El Mundo reported on Tuesday.

A member of the mother's family said they didn't want the boy to lose touch with his father, but added the man needed to be taught a lesson.

"We want him to get a warning, so that he realises that his main duty is to look after the boy's well-being," the relative said.

The judge in the town of Fuenlabrada, south of Madrid, ordered police to find the boy, who had been spending his holidays with his father, and return him to his mother immediately.

At least 15 people have been killed running the bulls in Pamplona since 1924. During the nine-day festival, made world famous by Ernest Hemingway in his novel "The Sun Also Rises", thousands of often drunken runners hurtle through the streets in front of charging bulls on their way to death in the town bullring.

Has anyone here ever been to Pamplona? I'd love to go some day, but I doubt I'd get in the street and run. Getting gored by a 1,500lb bull doesn't "strike me" as fun. :-B
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How Young Is Too Young To Run With The Bulls?

Postby treat24 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:11 am

eh... puts hair on his chest... let him run :-b

and yeah i'd love to go, but it won't be happening this year...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:22 am

i bet this is overreaction. i'm sure the last thing this guy wanted to do was put his child in harm's way.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby jayday » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am

moonhead wrote:i bet this is overreaction. i'm sure the last thing this guy wanted to do was put his child in harm's way.

Making him a target for a 1,500-pound, pissed off beast with horns makes me think otherwise....

It's one thing to take him to the rodeo....It's a whole 'nother thing to enter him as the rodeo clown...

JMO. ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 am

jayday wrote:
moonhead wrote:i bet this is overreaction. i'm sure the last thing this guy wanted to do was put his child in harm's way.

Making him a target for a 1,500-pound, pissed off beast with horns makes me think otherwise....

It's one thing to take him to the rodeo....It's a whole 'nother thing to enter him as the rodeo clown...

JMO. ;-)

He was in the newspaper, since that's how the mother spotted them so I do believe that he was close enough. Though I'm sure when it'd come to judgement time, the father would throw his son out of the way to save him, right?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:27 am

blah. i think the dad was doing right by his son. i wish i would have had the opportunity to have done that at age 10. it will make him strong. and i'm sure if the worst became worse the dad would have been able to toss the kid into the crowd or pull him out of the way.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:45 am

moonhead wrote:blah. i think the dad was doing right by his son. i wish i would have had the opportunity to have done that at age 10. it will make him strong. and i'm sure if the worst became worse the dad would have been able to toss the kid into the crowd or pull him out of the way.

I hope you're still posting here when you have kids, my man. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:blah. i think the dad was doing right by his son. i wish i would have had the opportunity to have done that at age 10. it will make him strong. and i'm sure if the worst became worse the dad would have been able to toss the kid into the crowd or pull him out of the way.

I hope you're still posting here when you have kids, my man. :-b

i'm not going anywhere anytime soon. perhaps that plays a factor in my low prospects for procreation...? :-? :-b

i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you, knapp.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:53 pm

I think 10 years old is pleanty old enough....If you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a bull!!!

I bet his dad was like George Costanza when there is a fire and was pushing anyone in his path out of his way so he could escape the bulls. ;-)

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:28 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I think 10 years old is pleanty old enough....If you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a bull!!!

Some kids can't even play dodge ball :-t

I bet his dad was like George Costanza when there is a fire and was pushing anyone in his path out of his way so he could escape the bulls. ;-)[/quote]

:-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Return to General Talk