Salary cap league, need help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary cap league, need help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Salary cap league, need help!

Postby ace924 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 am

I have been running a league for a number of years. The last few years we have adapted a SALARY CAP. It is not an auction type. We have run into the problem of updating the salaries each year specially on Defensive players. Any one out here who might have a formula or a spread sheet, or even a website that mght help. The cap keeps all of our team pretty even, and very competitive. I'd hate to throw it away, but may have to due to too much work. Our cap is 90mil, some examples of players salaries, Manning, P 15.56mil, K. jones 4.24, tomilson 11.88. Any help is greatly appreciated. DAVE
ace924
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Salary cap league, need help!

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:55 am

ace924 wrote:I have been running a league for a number of years. The last few years we have adapted a SALARY CAP. It is not an auction type. We have run into the problem of updating the salaries each year specially on Defensive players. Any one out here who might have a formula or a spread sheet, or even a website that mght help. The cap keeps all of our team pretty even, and very competitive. I'd hate to throw it away, but may have to due to too much work. Our cap is 90mil, some examples of players salaries, Manning, P 15.56mil, K. jones 4.24, tomilson 11.88. Any help is greatly appreciated. DAVE

First off, welcome to the cafe ;-D

How are your Offensive player salaries determined? I know I've seen a place with salaries, I'll go get the link, unless someone else gets it first :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby ace924 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 am

we kind of based them off of the "H2H" website, we took a percentage off to adjust to our cap. It seemed to work ok. They dont do anything with D players. I run my league through STATSWORLD they dont offer anything accept the option to enter your own salaries. I guess what we really want is salary per player based on there performance each year, TD, Yards, defensive players based on tackles, ints ,etc. Also thanks for the welcome!
ace924

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 am

ace924 wrote:we kind of based them off of the "H2H" website, we took a percentage off to adjust to our cap. It seemed to work ok. They dont do anything with D players. I run my league through STATSWORLD they dont offer anything accept the option to enter your own salaries. I guess what we really want is salary per player based on there performance each year, TD, Yards, defensive players based on tackles, ints ,etc. Also thanks for the welcome!

OK, I did some quick digging and I can't find the site that I am looking for. If I end up finding it I will post it here. Another thing you can do, which would probably work out best(especially if I can't find the site), is to find a site that everyone(majority) can agree on and use their auction values. Find a site that has reliable information and is based on the same amount every year. FFToday is pretty reliable. They don't have them posted yet, but they should be available soon. Use their value as the salary for the year, it will keep contracts current(based on preformance and value).

The other option would be to base the salary off projections and use an equal factor to create a salary for each player.

Good luck and I'm sure more guys will chime in. ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ace924 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:56 am

Hey thacks for trying. Whats up with all the Mich teams except the TIGERS!! Got ta love that old english D!!! Detroit area native! Thanks again.
ace924

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:46 pm

ace924 wrote:Hey thacks for trying. Whats up with all the Mich teams except the TIGERS!! Got ta love that old english D!!! Detroit area native! Thanks again.

Just been a Sox fan forever :-/

Check out the link in my sig if you are a Lions fan ;-D We're looking for a couple more people
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Return to Commissioner's Corner