Give me my tooth Back! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Give me my tooth Back!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give me my tooth Back!

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 am

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - An Australian rugby league player competed for 15 weeks without knowing an opponent's tooth was buried in his forehead.

Former National Rugby League prop Ben Czislowski, now playing with Brisbane club Wynnum, had a clash of heads with Tweed Heads forward Matt Austin during a match on April 1, the Australian Associated Press reported Tuesday.

He had the wound stitched up but afterward suffered an eye infection and complained of shooting pains in his head and of feeling lethargic.

A visit to his doctor last week revealed the tooth still imbedded in his head.

"I can laugh about it now, but the doctor told me it could have been serious with teeth carrying germs," said Czislowski, who kept the tooth as a souvenir.

"I've got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table," he said. "If he (Austin) wants it back he can have it. I'm keeping it at the moment as proof that it actually happened."

In 2004, Australian rugby league hooker Shane Millard also had an opponent's tooth removed from his head while playing for English club Widnes.

Two years earlier, Australian Jamie Ainscough's arm became so badly infected while playing for Wigan in England there were fears it would be amputated before the source - an imbedded tooth - was discovered.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Give me my tooth Back!

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 am

In 2004, Australian rugby league hooker Shane Millard also had an opponent's tooth removed from his head while playing for English club Widnes.
:-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:51 am

moonhead wrote:

Man Moon, you beat me to it! These dudes need to wear mouthpieces or something.... :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:10 am

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Man Moon, you beat me to it! These dudes need to wear mouthpieces or something.... :-?

You know how uncool mouthguards are?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:14 am

If you're playing rugby, you might already be kinda uncool, plus I'd rather have my teeth.

<<<just broke 4k didn't realize it till now. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:If you're playing rugby, you might already be kinda uncool, plus I'd rather have my teeth.

Rugby is very cool. :^
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 pm

one of the most vicious tackles I have ever witnessed in my life was at a rugby game in high school. A friend of mine took a guy down and faceplanted him into the turf and the game had to be stopped because the kid's braces were caught in the grass - on one of those strong, stringy weed-type things... It was hilarious (but not from his perspective I'd imagine).
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to General Talk