A solution to a keeper league draft problem - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

A solution to a keeper league draft problem

Moderator: Football Moderators

A solution to a keeper league draft problem

Postby Txagy1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:35 pm

I am trying to figure out an alternative to this potential stupid rule my friends are going to vote on. What if I recommend this:
This is a 10 person league and lets say 5 out of the 10 will keep a player. The other five teams will have a supplimental draft and draw numbers from 1 to 5. After the 5 teams that didn't keep a player make their pick, then the real draft order will be drawn...with one recommendation from me. The 5 teams that didn't keep a player get to draw first again with at worst getting the 5th pick in the real draft. This would elimate a team that didn't keep a player from getting (in theory) the 10th best player (5 keepers gone + getting the 5th pick in the supp. draft) and drawing the #10 pick (20th overall) in the real draft. To start a year with the 10th and 20th best players would be a tough road. Yeah, you'd get #21, but you build your team early and win it with nice 4-8 round picks.
Txagy1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A solution to a keeper league draft problem

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:05 pm

You'll get more help here

If this is a keeper league, why don't you use the previous years standings to determine draft order? Use that for both the supplemental and real draft :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Txagy1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:03 pm

anyone else? I really need some ammo when these guys vote on a 1 person keeper this year EVEN though they didn't announce it last year.
Txagy1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ironcityboy88 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:53 pm

Txagy1 wrote:anyone else? I really need some ammo when these guys vote on a 1 person keeper this year EVEN though they didn't announce it last year.

The owner who got LT2 or SJAX probably wanted to vote for the one keeper...didn't he? To move a league to a keeper league format, you (the commish) have to announce the decision one full year out. The reason for this is that owners draft a little differently if they knew it was a keeper league. It's always someone trying to take advantage of others...and that's not a league you should want to be in.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 am

ironcityboy88 wrote:
Txagy1 wrote:anyone else? I really need some ammo when these guys vote on a 1 person keeper this year EVEN though they didn't announce it last year.

The owner who got LT2 or SJAX probably wanted to vote for the one keeper...didn't he? To move a league to a keeper league format, you (the commish) have to announce the decision one full year out. The reason for this is that owners draft a little differently if they knew it was a keeper league. It's always someone trying to take advantage of others...and that's not a league you should want to be in.

Exactly, this is a whole different question all together. No league should change the rules during the season(and this scenerio would count as just that) unless there is 100% agreement
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby heelfan72 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:29 pm

ironcityboy88 wrote:

I totally agree. You can't have a redraft 1 year and then turn it into a keeper league the following year w/o everyone knowing that going into the draft. If you vote for a keeper league then it needs to start w/ this draft, not last years. If they don't go for it then I'd find another league.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Commissioner's Corner