Moderator: Football Moderators

Culpepper released

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Where now - Jax???

Posted on Tue, Jul. 17, 2007

Dolphins release embattled Culpepper

By JEFF DARLINGTON
mailto:jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

The brief but dramatic relationship between the Dolphins and quarterback Daunte Culpepper has officially ended, as the team announced Tuesday it has terminated Culpepper's contract.

An arbitration hearing had been scheduled for Wednesday in South Florida -- postponed by more than two weeks from its initial date -- but the Dolphins ultimately decided the hearing wasn't worth enduring.

Miami held on to Culpepper for this long in continued efforts to trade him. But with no interest from any teams, potentially because many suitors knew he would inevitably be released, the Dolphins decided it was time to finally cut ties.

The Dolphins signed Culpepper last offseason, but his inability to recover from a severe knee injury limited his progress with the team. Soon after coach Cam Cameron was hired, it became clear the new boss wanted to hand pick his own quarterback.

Culpepper's career with the Dolphins informally came to a close when the Dolphins traded for Kansas City's Trent Green, but Tuesday's announcement made official what was inevitable.

source: http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/173421.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Culpepper released

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:55 pm

My how the mighty have fallen. Looks like Randy Moss really did make him the QB he was in Minnesota.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:03 pm

bagobonez wrote:My how the mighty have fallen. Looks like Randy Moss really did make him the QB he was in Minnesota.

I don't agree with that completely. Moss definitely made him better but I think he's still a decent QB. He should get signed by somebody soon enough.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:26 pm

bagobonez wrote:My how the mighty have fallen. Looks like Randy Moss really did make him the QB he was in Minnesota.

Yes, because Randy Moss has really been excellent the last few years since he left Minnesota. ;-7

Anyway, I like the way Culpepper compared himself to Gandhi in that article.. :-b
"As I was going through this process I heard about a quote by Gandhi that best expresses my thoughts about this victory: 'First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win,"' Culpepper, who serves as his own agent, said in an e-mail. "Now that I have won my freedom and I get to choose my next team, I am just like many other people who have to go out and find employment so that I can take care of my family."
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:29 pm

They made each other

one could not do well without the other and they had to go screw it up

Nice going Beavises

Mod edit
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:35 pm

Culpepper isn't going to get a job anywhere if he thinks that a team is going to declare him the starter from day one. He's causing this debacle as if he's some superstar, and although he used to be, he isn't anymore. He'll get a backup job somewhere if he's willing to slip into that role, but is he? We'll just have to wait and see.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:38 pm

I dont know, Atlanta might make him their starter via need. Vick's legal issues should get a suspension if not year long ban (compare to Pacman for that) and even after last year, you don't want Joey Harrington starting.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:43 pm

maddog60 wrote:I dont know, Atlanta might make him their starter via need. Vick's legal issues should get a suspension if not year long ban (compare to Pacman for that) and even after last year, you don't want Joey Harrington starting.

Wow, I just realized that Vick was indicted. That's definitely a possible destination now.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:45 pm

maddog60 wrote:I dont know, Atlanta might make him their starter via need. Vick's legal issues should get a suspension if not year long ban (compare to Pacman for that) and even after last year, you don't want Joey Harrington starting.

I'm actually hoping Atlanta gets him. Definitely better than Harrington and I think he's still got some skill left in him.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Doughhead » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Maybe Cleveland will sign him just to really muddy up an already murky QB situation. ;-)

Seriously though, I heard that Jax might be interested. How come they seem to have given up on Lefty?
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk