Culpepper released - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper released

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Culpepper released

Postby Munboy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 pm

Doughhead wrote:Maybe Cleveland will sign him just to really muddy up an already murky QB situation. ;-)

Seriously though, I heard that Jax might be interested. How come they seem to have given up on Lefty?

Because he sucks, he can't stay healthy, and him and Garrard are basically the same QB (except Garrard is a bit faster runner and makes less money). Lefty hasn't done anything for them. It's time to move on.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 am

Not our problem.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby YardBirds » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:19 am

May see the Falcon's acquire him with the Vick indictment spelling a possible 6 years in prison.
YardBirds
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 am

i don't think he ever was a "super star" int he real sense, just in the fantasy/statistical sense. I know that this will raise hackles, and I know that offensive players don't play D. BUT ... with the offense that the Vikings had, playing in the conference they did, there is really no excuse for Culpepper to not have more wins under his belt. They were a mirror image of the Colts in many ways, except they played in the NFC. Colts never had a D until recently. It seemed to me Culpepper would get figured out in key games and moments, and that team always seemed like it underachieved. Lot of 8-8, 9-7 type seasons if you ask me. Culpepper fumbled a lot too.

And while they made each other, Moss had a spectacular season with cunningham at the helm, and had some good games with Frerotte if I recall. Moss is a lazy SOB, but at the same time, Oakland's QB situation was terrible too. It is a chicken and egg-type argument, but if pressed, I'd lean towards favoring Moss. After all, God himself signed him this year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:21 am

I like the idea of Culpepper going to the Ravens. With McNair there for this season, C Pep can get healthy,try to learn the system and prepare for next season. With the great D in Baltimore there won't be much pressure on him to preform. This is the team/coach who nursed Dilfer to a SB championship. Getting the most out of Duante could be doable there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby noyz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:56 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I dont know, Atlanta might make him their starter via need. Vick's legal issues should get a suspension if not year long ban (compare to Pacman for that) and even after last year, you don't want Joey Harrington starting.

I'm actually hoping Atlanta gets him. Definitely better than Harrington and I think he's still got some skill left in him.

Yeah, same mistake the Dolphins made last year. Culpepper is done.
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Doughhead » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 pm

moochman wrote:I like the idea of Culpepper going to the Ravens. With McNair there for this season, C Pep can get healthy,try to learn the system and prepare for next season. With the great D in Baltimore there won't be much pressure on him to preform. This is the team/coach who nursed Dilfer to a SB championship. Getting the most out of Duante could be doable there.

Not a bad idea. After all, Billick could probably do some interesting things if he had a healthy Culpepper.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:03 am

Well if Culpepper wants to play right away his best chance is going to be with Atlanta. I don't see how the Falcons can let Vick play with the current charges against him. I think they will suspend him until he's proven innocent or guilty.

Other choices already mention as well would be the Jaguars or Ravens. Baltimore might be the best place for him as he continue to get healthy as McNair starts this year and then he can take over the next year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:08 pm

C-Pep was in Tampa today :-/

F--- You Gruden :-[
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:25 pm

I think Atlanta would make the most sense as a destination for Culpepper.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk