2007 Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2007 Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:16 pm

If you haven't published the draft results yet, you can put the players on waivers before you do. If you already have, I don't know how to make everyone go to waivers without picking them all up and dropping them all.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2007 Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:17 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Here's a crazy idea. There are 12 of us left and 6 rounds. How about if we did something like this. Each of us has a time each day we must make a pick by. It would be something like this-

Big Pimpin- pick due by 8am Tuesday
Ken- pick due by 9am Tuesday
TLL- pick due by 10am Tuesday
and so on and so forth, until the last pick of the day , Mugrila's, is due by 9pm Tuesday night.

And then Wednesday-
Mugrila- pick due by 8am Tuesday
Mustangs- pick due by 9am Tuesday

Does that make sense? Everyone has an hour scheduled that they can make their pick, regardless of whether or not the person before them has finished making their pick. If we make a schedule and stick to it, it would be fair to everyone who tries hard and proxies their picks appropriately and we could finish our draft in time w/o autodrafting or messing with the waiver wire. Does this idea hold any merit guys? ;-D

We're going to have to do something like this if we don't want to autodraft. :-o

Hello Bob,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Sports.

At the moment, the feature you are requesting is not available. Since we
are always looking for ways to make Yahoo! Fantasy Sports more useful to
our users, your question has been taken as a suggestion and will be
given due consideration as we work to improve our service.

That was in regards to changing all players to be on waivers. %-6

So basically it's either we get this thing done or we autodraft. Whatever it takes to get it done I'm completely in favor of doing.

Last resort - I can change us to start scoring in week 2 and do week 15, 16, and 17 for playoffs. That *should* be good enough to get things done assuming we don't get things done by Thursday.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re:

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:17 pm

daullaz wrote:If you haven't published the draft results yet, you can put the players on waivers before you do. If you already have, I don't know how to make everyone go to waivers without picking them all up and dropping them all.

Yep, no way to put them all on waivers now. :-t
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:40 pm

I'm down with whatever, but if you are doing an autodraft, I'd at least like to submit a list of players.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Re:

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:02 pm

daullaz wrote:I'm down with whatever, but if you are doing an autodraft, I'd at least like to submit a list of players.

I don't think it will come to that. I'd rather extend a week and not use week 1 stats than go with the autodraft and I'll be breaking something if we can't get done in 9 days. :-b
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Re:

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:
daullaz wrote:I'm down with whatever, but if you are doing an autodraft, I'd at least like to submit a list of players.

I don't think it will come to that. I'd rather extend a week and not use week 1 stats than go with the autodraft and I'll be breaking something if we can't get done in 9 days. :-b

I'd like to get this started week 1. Maybe we cut the draft at the end of a round before Thursday's game and play with short rosters before continuing the draft...
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:32 am

Why not draft as much as we can today and tomorrow, and then have a mass add to the teams Thursday since I am assuming NFL starts up Thursday night.
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Baseball Mod

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:32 am

raiders_umpire wrote:Why not draft as much as we can today and tomorrow, and then have a mass add to the teams Thursday since I am assuming NFL starts up Thursday night.

As long as people feel that a pure add-fest is fair I don't mind it. Obviously that means that you're likely going out of order but let's be honest - who is it you're adding at that point anyway? These guys are going to be roster filler and fliers. I'd be fine with that as long as no one objects and we're already on the 'get as much done as we can' track at the moment.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm sure "Team Chowda" wants to skip week 1. Who can blame them? Nobody wants to face the Juggernaut.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:34 pm

If anyone has any problem with a pure add-fest Thursday morning speak now or stuff it come Thursday. ;) I'm liking that solution as a way to get this done with nothing tricky...you just fill up your team come Thursday morning.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade