2007 Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2007 Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: 2007 Commentary

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:01 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:If anyone has any problem with a pure add-fest Thursday morning speak now or stuff it come Thursday. ;) I'm liking that solution as a way to get this done with nothing tricky...you just fill up your team come Thursday morning.

What if we draft through Wednesday night, and at some point TLL just locks it up and we're done. Then we set some time on Thursday when we can have our add fest.

The one thing I don't want to see happen is I get up at 6 am and get to a computer an hour or two later and have everyone gone because most of the league is on the East Coast. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like a specific time for our free-for-all so everyone at least has an equal chance. Say, 9 am Pacific/Noon Eastern or something like that?

Just an idea.
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:46 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:If anyone has any problem with a pure add-fest Thursday morning speak now or stuff it come Thursday. ;) I'm liking that solution as a way to get this done with nothing tricky...you just fill up your team come Thursday morning.

What if we draft through Wednesday night, and at some point TLL just locks it up and we're done. Then we set some time on Thursday when we can have our add fest.

The one thing I don't want to see happen is I get up at 6 am and get to a computer an hour or two later and have everyone gone because most of the league is on the East Coast. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like a specific time for our free-for-all so everyone at least has an equal chance. Say, 9 am Pacific/Noon Eastern or something like that?

Just an idea.

Is Noon Eastern a decent time for Rynman though. Might have to be a little bit earlier or even alot later??
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Baseball Mod

Postby daullaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:55 pm

There's one pick in this round left. Lock it up after that and do the add-fest tomorrow evening?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:16 pm

I don't think we could definitely get another round done and stopping mid-round isn't really fair to everyone. In addition to that we're on the way back in the serpentine draft so this last pick would be a great spot to stop. Let's do that. Let's start the adds at noon eastern if that's cool with everyone. I'm going to be doing Rynman's pick-ups for him anyways so it's not like we have to find an ideal time for him and noon eastern makes it 9am pacific meaning that people don't have to wake up early on the west coast.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:18 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I don't think we could definitely get another round done and stopping mid-round isn't really fair to everyone. In addition to that we're on the way back in the serpentine draft so this last pick would be a great spot to stop. Let's do that. Let's start the adds at noon eastern if that's cool with everyone. I'm going to be doing Rynman's pick-ups for him anyways so it's not like we have to find an ideal time for him and noon eastern makes it 9am pacific meaning that people don't have to wake up early on the west coast.

Sounds good. Is this tomorrow or Thursday? Seems like we might as well do tomorrow now and that way we'll be all set before Thursday games.
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:20 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:I don't think we could definitely get another round done and stopping mid-round isn't really fair to everyone. In addition to that we're on the way back in the serpentine draft so this last pick would be a great spot to stop. Let's do that. Let's start the adds at noon eastern if that's cool with everyone. I'm going to be doing Rynman's pick-ups for him anyways so it's not like we have to find an ideal time for him and noon eastern makes it 9am pacific meaning that people don't have to wake up early on the west coast.

Sounds good. Is this tomorrow or Thursday? Seems like we might as well do tomorrow now and that way we'll be all set before Thursday games.

I completely agree. Last pick has been made by Mookie, I've locked the thread, etc. Noon eastern Wednesday (tomorrow) we all go nuts. :-b
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:22 pm

I nuked Mookie's 11.1 pick so that no one would see who he took. We're locked now after 10 full rounds (nice place to stop on an even round) and we'll all be able to add players starting at noon eastern tomorrow.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:23 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I nuked Mookie's 11.1 pick so that no one would see who he took. We're locked now after 10 full rounds (nice place to stop on an even round) and we'll all be able to add players starting at noon eastern tomorrow.

Better drop Mook's 11.1 pick in the Yahoo league then. :-D
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:I nuked Mookie's 11.1 pick so that no one would see who he took. We're locked now after 10 full rounds (nice place to stop on an even round) and we'll all be able to add players starting at noon eastern tomorrow.

Better drop Mook's 11.1 pick in the Yahoo league then. :-D

Already done.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:00 pm

So are you going to lock the teams and then unlock us when it's time for the add-fest?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade