2007 Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2007 Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: 2007 Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:22 pm

I was going to trust everyone to not add players before noon since it would be pretty hard to unlock 12 teams simultaneously. That coupled with the fact that we'd see if any players were added too early and could drop them from their owner's rosters was enough to convince me not to lock the teams.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:48 pm

Let me make sure I have this straight. Some time tomorrow on the dot everyone is going to have free reign on the waiver wire? So, the first person to see his clock hit the scheduled time gets to fill his roster with whichever 7-8 players he sees fit.

Honestly I'd prefer to live draft tomorrow or even autodraft than do that, but whatever. :-t

So 9am Mountain Standard time then? I'm going to have to make an excuse at work to sneak away for a while...
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Let's do this...take one of the teams you're autopicking for (preferably the one with the highest pick) and make the first add with him. Once we see a player added, we'll be able to hop all over the players.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 pm

why don't we allow teams to make one add every 3 hours? Let's see, we have 7 rounds to go, so let teams make 1 add each between 12-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, sleep, 8-11 AM Thursday, 11-2, 2-5 all times Eastern. If you can't get online till 8 PM Weds, then you can add up to 3 players and so forth...

This way I don't get my choice of 7 players since I'll be online at noon anyways for my one add...

Solid idea Ken ;-D
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Let me make sure I have this straight. Some time tomorrow on the dot everyone is going to have free reign on the waiver wire? So, the first person to see his clock hit the scheduled time gets to fill his roster with whichever 7-8 players he sees fit.

Honestly I'd prefer to live draft tomorrow or even autodraft than do that, but whatever. :-t

So 9am Mountain Standard time then? I'm going to have to make an excuse at work to sneak away for a while...

I would have prefered a live draft as well but there was little support for that and even less for the autodraft so this is the next best option. :(

At least it's only 6 players per team out of a roster of 20.

daullaz wrote:Let's do this...take one of the teams you're autopicking for (preferably the one with the highest pick) and make the first add with him. Once we see a player added, we'll be able to hop all over the players.

I can do that. I'll add for RynMan at high noon to let everyone know it's time. I've just got to try and keep myself out of anything too complicated at work right around noon. :-b
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 pm

bigken117 wrote:why don't we allow teams to make one add every 3 hours? Let's see, we have 7 rounds to go, so let teams make 1 add each between 12-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, sleep, 8-11 AM Thursday, 11-2, 2-5 all times Eastern. If you can't get online till 8 PM Weds, then you can add up to 3 players and so forth...

This way I don't get my choice of 7 players since I'll be online at noon anyways for my one add...

Solid idea Ken ;-D

I just don't see people being online enough to make that workable not to mention trying to keep track of whether a team's added too many people. We've learned that next year we just need to start this thing a good two weeks earlier so we don't run into this problem. ;-D
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:44 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
bigken117 wrote:why don't we allow teams to make one add every 3 hours? Let's see, we have 7 rounds to go, so let teams make 1 add each between 12-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, sleep, 8-11 AM Thursday, 11-2, 2-5 all times Eastern. If you can't get online till 8 PM Weds, then you can add up to 3 players and so forth...

Solid idea Ken ;-D

I just don't see people being online enough to make that workable not to mention trying to keep track of whether a team's added too many people. We've learned that next year we just need to start this thing a good two weeks earlier so we don't run into this problem. ;-D

Well it's better than having the last 7 rounds be 1st come 1st serve...
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod

Postby daullaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:55 pm

I think there's only six round left, not seven.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Re:

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm

daullaz wrote:I think there's only six round left, not seven.

Correct. We each have 6 players to pick up.

bigken117 wrote:

Solid idea Ken ;-D

Well it's better than having the last 7 rounds be 1st come 1st serve...

I'll go with you on this idea but I can't go with you on the time frame...we have to have time to add the players, set our lineups, etc and the games start Thursday. I'd say a player an hour is really the smallest time frame we want to use. So starting at noon we can all add a player. An hour later at 1pm we can add a second player. This will continue with the 3rd at 2pm, 4th at 3pm, 5th at 4pm, and the 6th and final player added at 5pm (all times eastern time). That way we won't have people scrambling to set lineups on the final day, we don't have a complete free-for-all but we do get this done with minimal oversight and organization needed. If you don't get on until 1pm then you could add your noon guy and your 1pm guy as well...basically whenever you get on you can add all the players up to that point. That should address your concerns Ken while not stretching the draft out farther than we should take it.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Re:

Postby bigken117 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:52 am

Solid idea Ken ;-D

I'll go with you on this idea but I can't go with you on the time frame...we have to have time to add the players, set our lineups, etc and the games start Thursday. I'd say a player an hour is really the smallest time frame we want to use. So starting at noon we can all add a player. An hour later at 1pm we can add a second player. This will continue with the 3rd at 2pm, 4th at 3pm, 5th at 4pm, and the 6th and final player added at 5pm (all times eastern time). That way we won't have people scrambling to set lineups on the final day, we don't have a complete free-for-all but we do get this done with minimal oversight and organization needed. If you don't get on until 1pm then you could add your noon guy and your 1pm guy as well...basically whenever you get on you can add all the players up to that point. That should address your concerns Ken while not stretching the draft out farther than we should take it.

That's fine...I am one of the people who work at a computer and would be able to add all 6 or 7 players needed at 12:00 on the dot, so it's to my advantage to do it that way...I'm just trying to somewhat level the playing field. And yes, next year we need to get rolling early July.
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade