Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2007 Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: Re:

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 am

bigken117 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
Solid idea Ken ;-D

I'll go with you on this idea but I can't go with you on the time frame...we have to have time to add the players, set our lineups, etc and the games start Thursday. I'd say a player an hour is really the smallest time frame we want to use. So starting at noon we can all add a player. An hour later at 1pm we can add a second player. This will continue with the 3rd at 2pm, 4th at 3pm, 5th at 4pm, and the 6th and final player added at 5pm (all times eastern time). That way we won't have people scrambling to set lineups on the final day, we don't have a complete free-for-all but we do get this done with minimal oversight and organization needed. If you don't get on until 1pm then you could add your noon guy and your 1pm guy as well...basically whenever you get on you can add all the players up to that point. That should address your concerns Ken while not stretching the draft out farther than we should take it.

That's fine...I am one of the people who work at a computer and would be able to add all 6 or 7 players needed at 12:00 on the dot, so it's to my advantage to do it that way...I'm just trying to somewhat level the playing field. And yes, next year we need to get rolling early July.

Yep, I work at a computer myself. I completely agree with you that we needed something to level the playing field. I just got scared away on that first post by those 3 hour time frames and the overnight break. We need this thing done but 1 hour windows should take care of getting it done.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2007 Commentary

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:13 am

Not sure how this will work around my class this afternoon, but we'll give it a shot... :-o
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:49 am

So you're saying that all that time I spent last night writing a script to mass add all six players at once was a waste of time?????

Damn you TLL. :-t

:-B ;-)
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 am

Big Pimpin wrote:So you're saying that all that time I spent last night writing a script to mass add all six players at once was a waste of time?????

Damn you TLL. :-t

:-B ;-)

ROFL...it's nice to see the controlled chaos is working well too. 7 teams added one player in the first 2 minutes. :-b

I made sure to get our absentee owner's hooked up with their players as well. ;-D
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:56 pm

I will admit that was a lot less disastrous than I thought it would be. Nice work TLL. ;-D
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:32 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I will admit that was a lot less disastrous than I thought it would be. Nice work TLL. ;-D

Thank Ken for that one. I had my doubts as well but it worked unbelievably well. Honestly when you get to this point in the draft everyone has their own guys they're targeting anyways...I doubt we had too many situations where someone got their foot stepped on for one of those pickups.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Kudos commish and sundry assistants ;-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I will admit that was a lot less disastrous than I thought it would be. Nice work TLL. ;-D

Thank Ken for that one. I had my doubts as well but it worked unbelievably well. Honestly when you get to this point in the draft everyone has their own guys they're targeting anyways...I doubt we had too many situations where someone got their foot stepped on for one of those pickups.

Well LL you got this league off the ground and back from the dead by grabbing the proverbial bull by the proverbial horns. Nice job ;-D I look forward to another mediocre season :-b
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:38 pm

bigken117 wrote:

Well LL you got this league off the ground and back from the dead by grabbing the proverbial bull by the proverbial horns. Nice job ;-D I look forward to another mediocre season :-b

I think I just jumped on the bull's back and held on for dear life but thanks. :)
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:40 am

The draft is done, the lineups are set, and the season is underway!!!

Here's a couple pieces of housekeeping and a conversation starter for everyone. :-]

First we've got our draft recap and our opening day rosters to peruse and for posterity.

Then to spark some discussion we've got my power rankings that I did using my rankings I used for the draft. For those too lazy to click the link of afraid that S.O.D.A.P.O.P. might install some Trojan here's the rankings in an ugly copy/paste format. The number afterward is tied to the points but actually takes several different parts into consideration when coming up with that final number. It's going to be one heck of an interesting year with the 9th place team within 10% of the 1st place team's ranking and the 5th place team only 2.5% back! And that's before I fixed the standings for the little IDP problem...now it looks even closer!

1) Playmakers (2900)
2) The Loveable Losers (2888)
3) Just Another Upset (2858)
4) hybrid (2824)
5) Mustangs (2807)
6) LT and the Boyz (2806)
7) The Juggernaut (2804)
8) Sluggin Fireballs (2791)
9) Rabid Rabbit Habit (2760)
10) Fire Millen (2750)
11) Sim's Meathead Squad (2702)
12) Pump Up the Valium (2531)