Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2007 Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: 2007 Commentary

Postby bigken117 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:25 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
bigken117 wrote:damn, was hoping for Lynch or Peterson :-[

Huh? Hoping for a guy you don't even know which teams he plays for? :-D

I'm not RUMP...I know enough about pro football like most other American males and I also root for winning teams ;-D
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:52 am

bigken117 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
bigken117 wrote:damn, was hoping for Lynch or Peterson :-[

Huh? Hoping for a guy you don't even know which teams he plays for? :-D

I'm not RUMP...I know enough about pro football like most other American males and I also root for winning teams ;-D

What is there to like about NFL? The college football game is miles ahead of the NFL as far as watchability and the players actually playing to win the game. About all I know about the NFL is that Vick will not be playing football for a long time, which is what he gets for not going to UNC :^, Julius Peppers is a freaking machine, which is why he went to UNC, and that a good Saturday afternoon of college ball destroys a great Sunday afternoon of NFL.
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Baseball Mod

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:07 am

raiders_umpire wrote:You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

College? Blech! At least half those players if not more are playing without 'assistance'. What fun is that when the 330 pound lineman is actually SLOW?!? Pshaw. I like my 330 pounders to run 4.5 40's and bench pickup trucks. ;)
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:29 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:

College? Blech! At least half those players if not more are playing without 'assistance'. What fun is that when the 330 pound lineman is actually SLOW?!? Pshaw. I like my 330 pounders to run 4.5 40's and bench pickup trucks. ;)

You really need to watch the upcoming Cal and Tenn. game in a few weeks then if that is your thoughts on college football.
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Baseball Mod

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:03 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:

You really need to watch the upcoming Cal and Tenn. game in a few weeks then if that is your thoughts on college football.

They're all on the juice??? Count me in! ;-D

Seriously, while everything you said about the college game is true I've got two big beefs. Number one is that a lot of these guys really are college athletes. They're good enough to make the college team but they're not nearly at the level at which the pro's play. My second beef is the entire college football structure. I hate the ranking system and the bowl season's structure. No, I don't have a better solution. That doesn't make it any more interesting to me. I'll think about watching a game but unless you're paying really close attention or it's a very significant matchup you don't have any idea what that game really means.

This is coming from a guy who's wife is a HUGE WVU fan so any time they're televised it's must-see-tv. And I'm from right around Columbus, OH so we actually get kicked out of the state if we don't watch the Ohio State/Michigan games every year. But for me, nothing beats a pro game (unless it's a Browns game...then I can live without it :-b ).
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:53 pm

What's going on with Mugs? :-?
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Simulacrum wrote:What's going on with Mugs? :-?

I don't know, could he be moving back for college? I say we just give him time to show back up.
Last edited by raiders_umpire on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Baseball Mod

Postby daullaz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:05 pm

I'm definitely cool with that, but we're definitely not going to get through the whole draft before the season starts if we just do it like this. What's the plan for the end of the draft when we run out of time? Autopicks? Live draft?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:38 pm

OK, nothing against Mugsy, but we need to hit the road here...didn't LL have something in mind?
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Yep, we're now going to a 24-hour timeframe which is way busted on this last pick. If you don't make the pick in those 24 hours you'll get the top player based on Rotowire's rankings as long as you still need a player at that position. Otherwise I'll take the top player that fills a needed position. Basically we're going to have a yahoo style autopick based on rotowire's rankings customized to our league's scoring.

I'll post up the next pick right now...was going to do it Friday night actually but I couldn't get the post to go through from my phone so I had to wait until tonight. :(
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade