Yahoo waiver...or lack there of - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo waiver...or lack there of

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo waiver...or lack there of

Postby FLGator » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:27 pm

I have a keeper league of good friends that has been on yahoo for 6 years now. The problem we have run into over the years is onw of the guys in the league does nothing on Sunday but scour the FA lsit and picks up whoever is having a good game. This has led to a disadvantage over the past few season. Iw ould love it if Yahoo would create a waiver priority system like they have for baseball. Am I missing it if they do have it? If no, any ideas on how to make this more fair?
Go Gators!!
FLGator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo waiver...or lack there of

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 pm

FLGator wrote:I have a keeper league of good friends that has been on yahoo for 6 years now. The problem we have run into over the years is onw of the guys in the league does nothing on Sunday but scour the FA lsit and picks up whoever is having a good game. This has led to a disadvantage over the past few season. Iw ould love it if Yahoo would create a waiver priority system like they have for baseball. Am I missing it if they do have it? If no, any ideas on how to make this more fair?

My first suggestion would be to switch to AOL...but I know some leagues have guys that are resistant to change.

The only way known to prevent your problem, would be for the commish to lock the rosters, say right before the games and then unlock the rosters Tuesday or Wednesday. This can also cause problems because the commish might not be around or if you lock it too early, someone may realize late that they have a kicker or TE on bye and need to pick one up.

So, if you can switch to AOL, if not you are sorta stuck :-/
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kinghill » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:20 pm

For non-money leagues I think the default setup is fine with first-come-first-serve as far as free agents.

For money leagues I hate that setup. We do it so each week everyone in the league emails their free agent requests (max of 2) to the commish and on Saturday the commish executes the requests in reverse order of the current standings. So last place gets first choice, etc. This of course creates more work for the Commish but that's how it's done.
kinghill
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby heelfan72 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:06 pm

When I was in Yahoo last year I think I had to redo the priority list every week b/c it wasn't updated. What we did in our league was restrict transactions to 10. He may scour every week, but eventually he will run out of transactions.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Coolest1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:48 am

As commish, I thought a player could be switched from free agent to waiver wire in yahoo. If this is true, the commish could put all players on ww before the first game running till Tuesday. Otherwise, send an email into yahoo asking for the change. They've been adding a lot of features and might see they are losing people because of this one and add it in.
Otherwise look at another site, personally, I like http://www.fleaflicker.com
Coolest1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner