Auction Dollar Values - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Dollar Values

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Dollar Values

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm hosting my auction on fantasyauctioneer and I know that they have dollar values listed next to each player, I guess recommended values. They also have the option to turn it off. Here's my issue, I'm not sure I want the values on as it in my opinion it ruins part of the draft. It may eliminate certain guys I'd like to buy low on or it may pigeon-hole me into always buying guys whose listed value is low on the site. I find even the most experienced owners are at least partially influenced by them, even if they bring their own. I feel that owners should have done enough research/have enough knowledge to know their own values. Turning them off could potentially open it up a bit more. On the other hand I have at least a 2 or 3 guys that haven't auctioned before and turning them off might hinder/overwhelm them.

I personally want them off but I'll entertain suggestions.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Dollar Values

Postby Hubarooski » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:14 pm

I would turn them off. Although you have a couple guys who have never used an auction, there is still plenty of prep material out there. If you know they are competitive FF players, you should expect them to have an estimate for players just like any other draft.
Hubarooski
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Dollar Values

Postby Coolest1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 am

I'd turn it off also. I'd let the newbies know that only a list of players will be available, no suggested values, so they should bring their own material. At least then they knonw how to be prepared for the auction.
Coolest1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner