Two Big UFC Fighters Fail Drug Tests! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Two Big UFC Fighters Fail Drug Tests!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two Big UFC Fighters Fail Drug Tests!

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 am

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-a ... -steroids/

Unbelieveable! I would have never guessed these guys would do this. Very sad. :~(
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Two Big UFC Fighters Fail Drug Tests!

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:03 am

Were you being sarcastic? I don't know much about UFC but I'd assume they'd all be taking steroids.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:54 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Were you being sarcastic? I don't know much about UFC but I'd assume they'd all be taking steroids.

yeah i'm sure it was sarcasm... i think the real story is that ONLY TWO failed :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 am

those aren't big names.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:47 am

There's a thread over on the Dark Side called something like "Are there any clean sports left?" I'm doubting there are, and this does not surprise me at all.

Honestly, why anyone would be shocked is beyond me anymore. These guys are competing for TONS of cash, and this stuff is readily available. We will never again see a sport WITHOUT allegations of PEDs, that's for sure.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:02 am

Moon Sherk holds the belf for the 155 class so I would say he is a big name, but Franca not so much. Sherk doesent really suprise me since he is one big muscle....I would be interested to know how many more of thses guys are on roids. I wouldnt think someone like Rich Franklin would be... :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:44 am

treat24 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Were you being sarcastic? I don't know much about UFC but I'd assume they'd all be taking steroids.

yeah i'm sure it was sarcasm... i think the real story is that ONLY TWO failed :-b

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. Sherk just seemed like such a good, smart guy, and so did Franca. And no, this isn't the WWE. Not everyone is taking steroids. This is real.

moonhead wrote:those aren't big names.

Well, maybe not to the casual fan, but I follow the sport pretty well, and anytime one guy has a belt and the other just fought him for the belt, I'd say they're big names.

knapplc wrote:There's a thread over on the Dark Side called something like "Are there any clean sports left?" I'm doubting there are, and this does not surprise me at all.

Honestly, why anyone would be shocked is beyond me anymore. These guys are competing for TONS of cash, and this stuff is readily available. We will never again see a sport WITHOUT allegations of PEDs, that's for sure.

I'm shocked because of 1) who did it, 2) because they both just fought each other, 3) because they knew they'd get caught, 4) because they now have to serve a one year suspension.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Return to General Talk