Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Sorry to hear that. Had to put mine down a little over a year ago. Not an easy thing to do... :,-(
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Sad to report that we had to put down Nicky yesterday after 16 years... From the symptoms it looks like kidney failure (not a nice way to go, trust me on this one) and after a few days of fighting it we had to admit defeat... She will be dearly missed and I am thankful that we have two others to keep my wife's mind occupied because she's still unemployed at the moment and that much spare time to grieve would be too much IMO.

RIP Nicky, and know that you are loved and will always be remembered with fondness...

Diesel and Jade will miss you too...

sorry to hear that man, I hate hearing those things, atleast you got to spend 16 years with an awesome dog man. :,-(
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 pm

It is a relief to free them of pain when they have a disease (mine had cancer), but it was still one of the hardest things I've ever done...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:28 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:It is a relief to free them of pain when they have a disease (mine had cancer), but it was still one of the hardest things I've ever done...

Yeah, our last loss was Ruby, our female Rott who had cancer in her knee... I always wondered after that one though if I had the money if it would have worked to try surgery and such to try and save her, so it was really hard on me, with Nicky there was no coming back from the condition she was in and the age that she was, so it was a little easier... Still sucks though :,-(
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 am

lmcjaho wrote:RIP Nicky, and know that you are loved and will always be remembered with fondness...

Sorry to hear that. :,-( I don'tknow you well, but I know you love dogs.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 am

Hopefully, Tire will keep them company. :-) :~(
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:56 am

Really sorry about your loss Imcjaho, it's always hard losing a good friend no matter what the circumstance. Hang in there bro. :,-( ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Man's best friend...

A dog is truly a man's best friend.
If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.
Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.
When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you!?

:-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 am

I didn't want to start a new thread for this thread for this little story so I'll put it in here. A few days ago we were taking Ginger for a walk around the neighborhood. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this huge 100 pound plus Pit Bull come bolting out of the front door of a home down a side street we were approaching with a lady screaming its name and running behind it. Shannon said "oh crap" (but used a more colorful word) as did I...but then I said oh no. As the dog was coming to the end of the side street to the street we were on I could see he was going to run right out in front of a car, I handed Shannon Gingers leash and sure enough the dog got nailed buy a car going probably about 30 mph! he almost made it but it hit him in the mid rear area and he flew around like a helicopter a few times and landed in a heap in the gutter. I thought for sure he was a goner but he totally got up and ran back across the street to the owner. I went across the street and helped the owner check him out and he didn't even have a scratch on him! He was shaking really bad and looked like he had a bit of a limp but really looked fine. I drove by yesterday and the lady was out watering her lawn, I asked her how her dog was and she said he was fine....crazy huh? 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 am

Metroid wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread for this thread for this little story so I'll put it in here. A few days ago we were taking Ginger for a walk around the neighborhood. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this huge 100 pound plus Pit Bull come bolting out of the front door of a home down a side street we were approaching with a lady screaming its name and running behind it. Shannon said "oh crap" (but used a more colorful word) as did I...but then I said oh no. As the dog was coming to the end of the side street to the street we were on I could see he was going to run right out in front of a car, I handed Shannon Gingers leash and sure enough the dog got nailed buy a car going probably about 30 mph! he almost made it but it hit him in the mid rear area and he flew around like a helicopter a few times and landed in a heap in the gutter. I thought for sure he was a goner but he totally got up and ran back across the street to the owner. I went across the street and helped the owner check him out and he didn't even have a scratch on him! He was shaking really bad and looked like he had a bit of a limp but really looked fine. I drove by yesterday and the lady was out watering her lawn, I asked her how her dog was and she said he was fine....crazy huh? 8-o

that is insane... I want to be injected with that dog's blood... I just have a hunch I wanna try out... O:-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk