Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:48 am

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread for this thread for this little story so I'll put it in here. A few days ago we were taking Ginger for a walk around the neighborhood. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this huge 100 pound plus Pit Bull come bolting out of the front door of a home down a side street we were approaching with a lady screaming its name and running behind it. Shannon said "oh crap" (but used a more colorful word) as did I...but then I said oh no. As the dog was coming to the end of the side street to the street we were on I could see he was going to run right out in front of a car, I handed Shannon Gingers leash and sure enough the dog got nailed buy a car going probably about 30 mph! he almost made it but it hit him in the mid rear area and he flew around like a helicopter a few times and landed in a heap in the gutter. I thought for sure he was a goner but he totally got up and ran back across the street to the owner. I went across the street and helped the owner check him out and he didn't even have a scratch on him! He was shaking really bad and looked like he had a bit of a limp but really looked fine. I drove by yesterday and the lady was out watering her lawn, I asked her how her dog was and she said he was fine....crazy huh? 8-o

that is insane... I want to be injected with that dog's blood... I just have a hunch I wanna try out... O:-)

I know right!?! I really think he had a few saving graces that helped him. 1 he's a large very in shape young dog(probably 2 or 3 years old). 2 the car that hit him was pretty low to the ground so it didn't go over top of him. And 3 the car didn't hit him square but rather took out his back end. Still crazy....and one of the luckiest dogs I have ever met. :-°
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm

wow. you're lucky the car intervened before the dog got ahold of any of you. If I were that lady I'd be getting it x-rayed either way. Did the dog manage to damage the car at all?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 pm

scottaa1 wrote:wow. you're lucky the car intervened before the dog got ahold of any of you. If I were that lady I'd be getting it x-rayed either way. Did the dog manage to damage the car at all?

:-b

If that dog damaged the car, I really need some of that blood...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:30 pm

scottaa1 wrote:wow. you're lucky the car intervened before the dog got ahold of any of you. If I were that lady I'd be getting it x-rayed either way. Did the dog manage to damage the car at all?

He didn't seem like he was coming at us in an aggressive way I think he saw a hot bitch and wanted a piece. :-b

No I don't think he damaged the car but that was another thing I forgot to mention, when it first happened the car had stopped but shortly after at some point while we were checking out the dog the car took off. Whoever it was didn't bother to even ask if the dog was ok. :-t
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Metroid wrote:He didn't seem like he was coming at us in an aggressive way

In my book there's no other way to interpret a strange dog (and sorry for the 'prejudice' here but I'm going to throw in especially a pit bull!) that comes running out of a house at me. But I've had a dog or two come after me so I'm pretty wary of it.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:21 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:He didn't seem like he was coming at us in an aggressive way

In my book there's no other way to interpret a strange dog (and sorry for the 'prejudice' here but I'm going to throw in especially a pit bull!) that comes running out of a house at me. But I've had a dog or two come after me so I'm pretty wary of it.

Oh I totally agree I am always wary of other peoples dogs especially aggressive dogs running loose....at me. I handed Shannon Gingers leash in case I had to take that dog down. :-b

Saying "He didn't seem like he was coming at us in an aggressive way" was kind of a silly thing to say. I guess after meeting the owner and meeting the dog and seeing how young and sweet he was made me feel he wasn't being aggressive but more being playful like a puppy....also he just got nailed by a car so maybe thats why he was so sweet. :-B
Metroid

Postby bagobonez » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Here's my buddy Bowser... had to give him to a friend cuz the wife is allergic. :~(

Here's one of my old pugs "Piglet" although I called her "Schnupps." Ex wife get her in the divorce. :~(

and here's Sophie... ex wife also got her in the divorce. I know, I look pretty... ahem... strange in this pic, save the jokes. :-b

"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Wow Bowser is HUGE!!!! 8-o :-b

*EDIT* Ahhhh you resized the pic. :-b
Metroid