Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Metroid » Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Any of you watch the Dog Whisperer? My wife's started watching it and I didn't think I'd like it, but I do. He offers some pretty solid advice.

I've seen a few episodes and he really knows his stuff. Although I think they cut out a lot of him training behind the scenes with some of the more extreme cases. I've always been really good with dogs and our animals have always been well trained and well behaved, in the few shows I've seen I've learned something new.

The thing is that 99% of the time it isn't a "dog issue" it's a problem with the owners.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Metroid wrote:The thing is that 99% of the time it isn't a "dog issue" it's a problem with the owners.

Yep. Whenever they show Daddy I always think of Ginger. :-D That is a really good dog of his. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue May 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:The thing is that 99% of the time it isn't a "dog issue" it's a problem with the owners.

Yep. Whenever they show Daddy I always think of Ginger. :-D That is a really good dog of his. :-°

You know I have yet to see an episode with his Pit Bull in it, like I said I've only seen a few episodes though. :-?
Metroid

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue May 13, 2008 5:55 pm

My neighbours just euthanized their dog due to bone cancer. It hits close to home due to other personal struggles with cancer. He was just diagnosed two weeks ago, and he already had to be put of his misery. Cancer is a real %$^#$. Very sad, I can't imagine how it feels to effectively kill one of your "family members". :-/
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue May 13, 2008 6:06 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that sucks man, hopefully they can give him some meds so he can get up and move and eat such, stay positive.

Thanks Guru. ;-D

They did get him feeling better.
(Drugs are a marvelous thing!) ;-7 :-b

Turns our he has a nasty case of arthritis in hi back and slipped a disc. Poor guy. !+)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:31 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that sucks man, hopefully they can give him some meds so he can get up and move and eat such, stay positive.

Thanks Guru. ;-D

They did get him feeling better.
(Drugs are a marvelous thing!) ;-7 :-b

Turns our he has a nasty case of arthritis in hi back and slipped a disc. Poor guy. !+)

my neighbors golden retreiver's getting up there in age and has a real bad case of it in his hips but he still gets around (with the help of some meds I'm sure)and seems to have a quality life so I sorta know what you're going through. Glad to hear he's doing better man. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 14, 2008 11:23 am

I've mentioned this before, but my dog (black lab) has arthritis pretty bad and when fetch is the thing she loves the most, she's sore a lot of the time. She's getting some gray, losing some hair on her ears, and drinking a lot of water, all signs of senility (sp?). :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Ok, I'd like some opinions on my situation with my dog. She lives to play fetch and get wet. Having arthritis, however, she's pretty sore after playing fetch. I think it's obvious, as much as I don't want it to be, that she's probably only got a couple years left. Do I play fetch with her because it's what she absolutely loves to do, knowing she'll be quite sore most of the next day, or do I not play fetch so she won't get sore?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu May 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Ginger loves to play fetch too...it's like everything to her, but I think if it was going to cause her physical pain I would probably stop...or at least cut WAY down. Maybe just throw the ball a few times and then take her for a walk to exercise her.
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Metroid wrote:Ginger loves to play fetch too...it's like everything to her, but I think if it was going to cause her physical pain I would probably stop...or at least cut WAY down. Maybe just throw the ball a few times and then take her for a walk to exercise her.

I agree, unless she gets some relief from medication or a simple glucosamine supplement, I wouldn't overdo it with her.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk